Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA APP HP and CLI on other BofA cc question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA APP HP and CLI on other BofA cc question

I'm thinking of applying for the BofA premium travel card. If I do apply, can I try for a CLI on my bofa cash rewards card with the HP from the travel card app? Or is it a different HP all together?

16 REPLIES 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: BofA APP HP and CLI on other BofA cc question

Actually it might be better to request a cli first on your cash rewards and then , afterwards , maybe give a few days, app the travel card. Boa has been known to use the most recent hp from a cli request upwards to 30 days after on new aplications Thats how i would do it anyway.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You dont think trying for a cli with the cash rewards would potentially lower the SL on the travel card if they see a recent HP w/bofa? And I guess in theory you can alwayys try to do two cli's with bofa with one HP when you have two or more cards with them?

Message 3 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

If you apply for a new card, they'll usually use that Experian pull for up to 30 days for any additional products or credit line increases.  If you ask for a credit line increase, they'll usually use that TransUnion pull for up to 30 days for any additional products of other credit line increases.  I got a new Cash Rewards card in June after a CLI increase on another card on the same pull, and I got CLIs on 2 cards in September after applying for the Premium Rewards card with no additional pulls.

The order probably doesn't matter that much, but since they can and do reallocate credit lines automatically when you apply for a new product, it may be a safer bet to first apply for a new card, then request a credit line increase on the other card(s).  That would be especially helpful if they reallocated your line(s) to open the new card.  Best of luck with the app and CLI request.  Don't be bashful when asking on the CLI for whatever amount you'd be comfortable having; they will always counter-offer if you're eligible for an increase.

Message 4 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

As others stated usually a pull is good for 30 days for either a CLI across cards or a new Card and vice versa.

Message 5 of 17
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You dont think trying for a cli with the cash rewards would potentially lower the SL on the travel card if they see a recent HP w/bofa? And I guess in theory you can alwayys try to do two cli's with bofa with one HP when you have two or more cards with them?

Not necessairly. BoA could also pull some of your existing limit to open the Premier Rewards card, as they're known to do. 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, thanks everyone for the feedback...cant figure out what makes more sense---cli or app first? Ugh

Message 7 of 17
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome, thanks everyone for the feedback...cant figure out what makes more sense---cli or app first? Ugh

Depends on what bureau you want them to pull. They almost always use TU for CLI's, and EX for new apps. 

When I did my BoA 123 Cash Rewards app, I was approved for $9,000, then went for a CLI on my Better Balance Rewards, which was declined. I was still able to move $11,000 from my BBR to the 123 with no issues, making a $20,000 card. 

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my TU is higher for some reason--793 vs 781 for Experian...

Message 9 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

With a 793 and 781, not much difference lol. If you want ill swap my scores with you and ill app for yaSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.