cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA closed my account three days later without notice to why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA closed my account three days later without notice to why?

I applied for a checking account and savings account online. Later that day I was approved. I put two cash deposits in each in Washington d.c. Then the next day I took out money from one account in philadelphia. I tried to log on to my account via website and was concerned bc the system did not recognize me. I later called the hotline and they said my account was closed and I asked why. They stated that because I was traveling around. My work I travel from NY to PA to WAshington d.c. Daily and back . They took out all my money from the accounts . And said to call back wether I would recieve a check or could pick up my money. I set up 3 auto payments only one was later paid for. I went to pick up the cash they took out. Then I recieved NSF papers for the other two auto payments. And then 2 weeks ago I recieved a debit card in the mail but could not activate this. What can I do in this matter ? I would still like to have this account?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BofA closed my account three days later without notice to why?

I'd call them and talk to a supervisor and have them tell you why they closed it.

Message 2 of 9
courtney091082
Regular Contributor

I just want to say sorry, I think that is awful. Totally unfair! I hope you get this resolved with no issues.

9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)
Message 3 of 9
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

It may appear to their system that you are " check kiting". So for fraud and loss protection, they closed all of the accounts.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 4 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just googled this !! How can I resolve this, this was not what was intended.
Message 6 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You need to contact someone in their credit department and see if they can work this out.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

But I was not moving funds between accounts. I had one checking and savings. I think in general bc I was moving from bank to bank and did not notify them. I don't think this falls under chek kitting.
Message 8 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
But I was not moving funds between accounts. I had one checking and savings. I think in general bc I was moving from bank to bank and did not notify them. I don't think this falls under chek kitting.

What did the supervisors say when you called them?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.