cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought my EX FICO here which was 31 points higher than my AMEX denial letter! Waste of an app......

tag
EmmyWannabeOrman
Contributor

Bought my EX FICO here which was 31 points higher than my AMEX denial letter! Waste of an app......

I bought my EX FICO here and it was a 675 so I felt trigger happy and app'ed for AMEX BCE and just recieved my denial letter which stated my EX FICO was 644. I would have never app'ed for an AMEX card if it was a 644! I thought I got a credit bump due to Navchek reporting my new 6500.00 LOC which lowered my utilization nicely. So I guess my EX FICO score purchased here is insignificant? Also my Walmart Trans FICO is lower than my Trans FICO purchased here. I know there are different FICO models, but it seems like the scores purchased on this site uses my Navchek LOC as part of my credit card utilization- if that makes senses....... How exactly is Navchek reporting? Is it really helping utilization? Or only FICO scores purchased here counts the Navchek limits as overall credit utilization. Please help. Greatly appreciated! Also I checked my CR's and credit scores before Navchek was reporting and when they actually did start reporting on April 1rst. I bought the before and after scores here. Before Navchek scores were 651 for EX and now it's 675..... Hmmmmm AMEX is using the "before Navchek" scores.....Why?! Should I recon? Thanks in advance

Cap One QS 1950, NFCU 7000, NavChek 6500, Cap One secured 750, IFCU 1000, IFCU (overdraft line of credit) 1000, Express 3100, NY&Co 2650, Victoria's Secret 2650, Exxon/Mobil 300, Zales 500, Kay's 900, Walmart 3500, Bloomingdales 1000, Belks 850, Paypal Smartconnect 1300, Chase Freedom 2000,Chase Slate 500. Gap 4000, BP 3000, Amazon store card 3500
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Bought my EX FICO here which was 31 points higher than my AMEX denial letter! Waste of an app...

@EmmyWannabeOrman wrote:

I bought my EX FICO here and it was a 675 so I felt trigger happy and app'ed for AMEX BCE and just recieved my denial letter which stated my EX FICO was 644. I would have never app'ed for an AMEX card if it was a 644! I thought I got a credit bump due to Navchek reporting my new 6500.00 LOC which lowered my utilization nicely. So I guess my EX FICO score purchased here is insignificant? Also my Walmart Trans FICO is lower than my Trans FICO purchased here. I know there are different FICO models, but it seems like the scores purchased on this site uses my Navchek LOC as part of my credit card utilization- if that makes senses....... How exactly is Navchek reporting? Is it really helping utilization? Or only FICO scores purchased here counts the Navchek limits as overall credit utilization. Please help. Greatly appreciated! Also I checked my CR's and credit scores before Navchek was reporting and when they actually did start reporting on April 1rst. I bought the before and after scores here. Before Navchek scores were 651 for EX and now it's 675..... Hmmmmm AMEX is using the "before Navchek" scores.....Why?! Should I recon? Thanks in advance

Ok relax a little Smiley Wink I'll attempt to help 

Yes the new account reporting helped UTL wise 

However that was no help with Amex who pulls scores then applies their own internal scoring system 

Not sure when you applied for Amex before or after the new Navchek reporting.

Was this just a CLI or a new account all together? Because if it was a new TL in most cases that will drop your scores but in rare cases you may see a jump in scores depending on the size of your CR's (thick or thin)

As for recon here are the facts for Amex 

99% of the time Amex will not overturn a denial unless something is wrong on your CR's and then they will require you to furnish a new CR and in 90% of cases they will pull CR's again possibly even double pull and you still could be denied.......YMMV 

How is Navchek reporting as a installment or line of credit? 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
EmmyWannabeOrman
Contributor

Re: Bought my EX FICO here which was 31 points higher than my AMEX denial letter! Waste of an app...

It's a new TL. And I app'ed after it started reportnig on April 1rst, app'ed on 22nd. It's reporting as an installment and before it appeared on my CR's my FICO was a 651 and after it appeared on my CR 's my score was a 675. I purchased the scores before it appeared on CR's and when it finally appeared on them. My utilization was lowered nicely. Thanks 

Cap One QS 1950, NFCU 7000, NavChek 6500, Cap One secured 750, IFCU 1000, IFCU (overdraft line of credit) 1000, Express 3100, NY&Co 2650, Victoria's Secret 2650, Exxon/Mobil 300, Zales 500, Kay's 900, Walmart 3500, Bloomingdales 1000, Belks 850, Paypal Smartconnect 1300, Chase Freedom 2000,Chase Slate 500. Gap 4000, BP 3000, Amazon store card 3500
Message 3 of 5
user5387
Valued Contributor

1.  There's more than one EX scorind model (formula).

2.  Amex may be using an internal scoring system.

3.  Amex may be using old information from a soft pull, or your reports may not have updated with new information at the time when the score was calculated.

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@EmmyWannabeOrman wrote:

I bought my EX FICO here and it was a 675 so I felt trigger happy and app'ed for AMEX BCE and just recieved my denial letter which stated my EX FICO was 644. I would have never app'ed for an AMEX card if it was a 644!

Don't obsess over the numbers.  Take a look at the reason(s) cited and see if you can address them.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.