Established Member
mstrey12

Bounced checks??

I have two paid bounced checks from 2004 being reported on my credit reports from two different CA's.  Do these stay on for 7 years as well?  Any way to remove them?
Established Contributor
sl

Re: Bounced checks??

If the checks are showing on your report, they will stay on for 7 years.

You can try a GW letter and see if that helps get them removed.
Established Contributor
FICO_Focused

mstrey12 wrote:
I have two paid bounced checks from 2004 being reported on my credit reports from two different CA's.  Do these stay on for 7 years as well?  Any way to remove them?

My guess is that it would be tough to validate a bounced check... Dispute, dispute, dispute... :smileyhappy:

Rob
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Regular Contributor
CreditHawk

mstrey12 wrote:
I have two paid bounced checks from 2004 being reported on my credit reports from two different CA's. Do these stay on for 7 years as well? Any way to remove them?

If you've paid the checks, I'd sure try a goodwill letter. If you have NOT, then you shouldn't even attempt a goodwill letter. In fact, I'd be more worried about the recipient filing a "theft-by-check" charge against you in criminal court. That could lead to a warrant for your arrest and time in the pokey.

If I were in your shoes and those checks are unpaid, I'd be sending the recipient(s) a goodwill letter pleading for a payment plan. But, if you have indeed paid them, I'd ask for them to be removed from your credit reports.

Good luck to you.
Established Member
mstrey12

The checks were paid as soon as I heard from the collection agencies back in 2004 but have been lingering on my CR since then.  I sent them both GW letters almost 2 months ago but have heard nothing back and they're still on my report.  Guess I will try disputing them now.  Thanks for all the suggestions.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}