Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brammy, got a question for you

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy, got a question for you

I was on the BofA website yesterday, looking at their credit cards.  They have an area that says "check here to see if you have any preappoved offers".  I put in my info, including my ss, and it came back with three different cards I was offered, along with a credit line.  I clicked on "I accept", and was asked if I wanted to do a balance transfer or have an additional card.  It then thanked me for accepting the offer and said I'd be getting more information on the preapproved card offer in 10 days.

My question is this;  Am I already approved or is this a come on where they still have to review my information and then I may still be declined or given less of a credit line?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Brammy, got a question for you

KDM wrote:
I was on the BofA website yesterday, looking at their credit cards.  They have an area that says "check here to see if you have any preappoved offers".  I put in my info, including my ss, and it came back with three different cards I was offered, along with a credit line.  I clicked on "I accept", and was asked if I wanted to do a balance transfer or have an additional card.  It then thanked me for accepting the offer and said I'd be getting more information on the preapproved card offer in 10 days.

My question is this;  Am I already approved or is this a come on where they still have to review my information and then I may still be declined or given less of a credit line?

Sounds like you got a new card to me.  they ask for the SSN to do the pull if they wre unable to offer it would have come back as sorry, we have no avail offers at ths time.  Happened to me on a biz card.  They do a soft pull at first then give you alist of cards.  I would hope that they could get that final decision in the same time ot took for that soft pull. Though it does seem that they would have given yu a 'Your card will be sent in 7-10 days'.  I guess I really can't guess.Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by Brammy on 04-19-2007 11:55 AM
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's exactly what it said after I accepted;

Thank you for accepting this offer.
You will receive information regarding this preapproved card offer within 10 days.

What do you think? 
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

KDM wrote:
Here's exactly what it said after I accepted;

Thank you for accepting this offer.
You will receive information regarding this preapproved card offer within 10 days.

What do you think? 

I think its strange.  You would expect an I'm sorry or a Great!!! you're approved.  The more I think about it I think its a further rewview response but they could have told you that.  I'm an impatient person I would call.

Message 4 of 7
jaybee
Valued Contributor

They will send you an invitation in the mail, you just agreed to receive one. That is not an actual approval for any type of card. They only asked for your SS to verify whether or not you have an account and to see if it is in good standing. As Brammy suggested call them.
If at first you don't succeed... hang up and try again!!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you're both right.  It's very misleading. 
I did call but got no help whatsoever.  There seems to be no one that can answer questions about their "preapproved" offers.   

It will be interesting to see exactly what I get in the mail in the next 10 days!!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaybee wrote:
They will send you an invitation in the mail, you just agreed to receive one. That is not an actual approval for any type of card. They only asked for your SS to verify whether or not you have an account and to see if it is in good standing. As Brammy suggested call them.

I'm not sure I agree with that I know that they do a credit pull because my pre app denial came with the statement 'info in your credit hist' I assume the bk.  I have two accounts with them and both are in good standing.  They do a credit pull so it seems that in the world of 60 sec approvals which they givem they could be a little more forthcoming

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.