Valued Member
rezultsbydebi

Budget rental car did a soft inquiry.....will it hurt me???

I rented a car....and they lost my reservations...so I had to use my debit card to pay for the car...but a month later I realized that budget rental ran a credit report on me....I didn't give the permission to do that...I called them and they told me they automatically run your credit when you use your debit card... what should I do???
Regular Contributor
VLGaffEsq

Re: Budget rental car did a soft inquiry.....will it hurt me???

You do NOT need to do anything; do not sweat this soft inquiry from Budget.  Soft inquiries have no effect whatsoever on your FICO score.  Let it go...
Valued Member
rezultsbydebi

I have 7 soft inquiries in the last year.... how long do they stay on your credit???? thanks for the quick response....
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

ings stay on your report for 2 years BUT only count against you for 1 year (hard ings)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}