Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bumping inq DOES NOT WORK

tag
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Bumping inq DOES NOT WORK

IWORKING know I know mods you want my head for it but this is actually to stop all the questions...... So people are always talking about the bumping inq with tu  FALSE I have been doing this 3 times a day and while on my usaa it keeps getting inq removed from the total count they are still on your credit report and do not go anywhere usaa monitoring says I have only 7 but when i pull my report from truecredit and eVen usaa when I look at the reports I still see all 17 of them so lets put this to rest it does NOT work

Slightly edited to remove the actual steps involved but leaving the results.

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Bumping inq DOES NOT WORK

IMO this is a HUGE waste of time. Even if it did work you would only get a few points back.

Your time would be much better spent on cleaning up any negatives or lates where possible.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

My time would be better spent on that but I have squeaky clean reports except 67 inq total across all three and a ton of new accounts so I really need to just kill time because I have an app addiction so I figure anything I'm doing but apping is better. So yes my big point to this experiment was to waste time. It's nice to be in that position but am I dieting letting my credit age I'm only 19.......

Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 3 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Well there are certainly worse things that you could be addicted to. Smiley Happy

Is that 67 inquiries across all three CRAs all within the last 12 months ? If so that is an impressive spree. You probably know this but inquiries lose their scoring ding after 1 year.

It looks like you have a good start on your credit portfolio. You just need to keep your %util low and let your card age.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 6
kjm79
Valued Contributor

I have a better idea.  FREEZE YOUR REPORTS NOW AND BACK AWAY FROM THE CREDIT APPS!!!  Smiley Very Happy  You've some good cards to build on at this point.  Consider the freeze your AA sponser for app addiction to avoid adverse action. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 5 of 6
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

I already froze my eq and tu ex wants me to send a letter I'm not doing it for all I care that can be unfrozen and yes I know I have been watching out for it but I don't think they will do any aa because all of my cards are pif every month and I have been rotating the card that I max and then pay befor statement cuts to show them that I can easily handle the cl and if they were to close my account because of new inq it would give me firepower to call and say I have been a good customer and the only reason for the inq is I am 19 and I want to get all the cc for my portfolio all at once and then let them all age at once so I will not have to app every year and I think that will definitely keep my account open
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.