cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bureaus refusing to remove me from x wifes Dillards card with a copy of my Divorce Decree...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bureaus refusing to remove me from x wifes Dillards card with a copy of my Divorce Decree...

So I was an AU on my x wifes Dillards card and we divorced last year and she called Dillards and had me removed over a year ago. I have disputed this account with ALL 3 bureaus 4 times and this last time I put a copy of my divorce decree in with the letter and they just emailed me saying they have verified the account belongs to me. Now, I have called Dillards and I am not on any accounts and they will not write a letter or provide me with any documentation stating  I am not on the account. WHAT DO ANY VETERANS OF THIS BOARD SUGGEST I DO. Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bureaus refusing to remove me from x wifes Dillards card with a copy of my Divorce Decree...

Might be time for a complaint to the CFPB

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bureaus refusing to remove me from x wifes Dillards card with a copy of my Divorce Decree...

Thanks Irish, I just filed the complaint with them and attached all documentation. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Irish, I just filed the complaint with them and attached all documentation. 

Good luck.  The CRAs can be a pain in the butt at times

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It should be an open and shut case if the ECOA code reported on the account clearly identifies it as an AU account.

The ECOA code can be one of either sole, joint, maker (co-signor), or authorized user.

If, by some chance, the ECOA code shows joint, you might have a factual issue, even under a CFPB review.

I would suggest contacting the CRA and obtaining a clear statement as to the reported ECOA code, which is what determines whether it is an AU account.....

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is listed on all 3 as an AU account.. What eles can I do Robert is this does not work? Thanks 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.