Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Credit Card

tag
ccsauer
Contributor

Business Credit Card

Hey, what are the requirements for a business card? it seems that there are a lot of good options on some of those cards, do you have to be incorporated to get one, or are they for anyone, and they just happen to call them 'business?'

Also, what are companies everyone likes, and what are some to stay away from?

Thanks all!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Business Credit Card

Some biz cards ask for a PG while others don't. Other apps will ask for your DnB info, biz checking acct info, trade references and your biz FEIN, if not using your SSN. You don't need to be incorporated or even LLC; you can use your SSN if you are a sole-proprietor. I have a biz I file on Sched. C and received cards in the past like Advanta biz and Discover biz (years ago) and most recently Dell. All Dell asked for, for example, was the FEIN, address, and they needed to verify my phone, set up in my biz name. You can request a FEIN from the IRS. Just tell them you anticipate hiring people down the road and they'll hook you up over the phone.

Message Edited by llecs on 10-25-2007 07:30 AM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.