Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a new home, need to boost score quick

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Buying a new home, need to boost score quick

@chuckpaulson wrote:

I'd be happy to share. What info are you looking for? 

As much info about your credit profile as you can share.  We don't need all the details but we need an idea of how the data in your reports is causing your score to be low.  In order to make recommendations we need to understand what the issues are with your credit profile.  That said, the only quick change is going to be revolving utilization as it's based on balances and limits currently in your reports.  Even so, if you have derogs you'll want to work on addressing them (hit the Rebuilding subforum) for the long run regardless.

Definitelly pull your reports at least a year out to work on stuff in future.  Building/rebuilding credit is a long, slow process and you can't rely on quick fixes.

@chuckpaulson wrote:

lender says my middle fico score is 669 (while my three here on myFICO are 691/705/709) and that I need to get to 680 to get conventional financing. Unsure as to why their score is so different when I am paying for the 3B product that 90% of lenders use. 

Don't rely on "90%".  IIRC 90% refers to FICO, not FICO 8 though FICO 8 is the most commonly used model.  FICO has many more than just one model used by creditors -- see also the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and its stickies.  Always consider the specific scoring model when referring to any score and also consider the relevance of CRA and model to a given creditor/product.  As pointed out above, mortgage lenders do not use the FICO 8's that you are referring to.  

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.