cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Has Mulitple Listings For Same OC

tag
missliza

CA Has Mulitple Listings For Same OC

There was a listing from a CA on Transunion that I DV'd.  CA sent me the information that listed the supposed debt from the OC but the total amount was higher than what was listed on my report.  I called the CA (I know..I know) to negotiate a PFD and the CA said they would delete the account if I paid the full amount that was listed on the invoice they sent me.  I refused and said I would just pay the amount listed on my report.  There was a couple hundred dollars difference.  Therefore, I paid what was listed and figured I just wait until it falls off in a year.  This occurred last week.

Tonight, I just checked my report on Equifax and now the same CA has 5 listings on there (originally they had none).  One listing shows that I paid but the 4 other listings show the same OC but with different amounts.  I am really furious but confused how to proceed next.  Is this even legal?

Please help!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA Has Mulitple Listings For Same OC

I went through what you are going through right now.. it took me about 3 month to get it removed, I have had the same item (medical) reported twice and I called the CA asking them to delete the newly listed report ( original /05/2004 and latest 10/2007) offcours !!! CA did not do anything to help me and they simply said they did not send another report to CRA's and I will need to contact them to resolve this issue. I went online and filled a dispute and in about 2 month I obtained a new reports and both of the reports removed Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

My suggestion is to call the CA first and see what they have in their system... if they are not willing to help then I suggest to file a dispute to CRA's  and you might be lucky to get everything deleted.

Good luck   
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA Has Mulitple Listings For Same OC

I would not place any more calls to CA!  Don't offer them any additional INFO.  Dispute with CRA's First!

Assuming this is the same acct you paid orginally, I would then DV the CA, DON'T SIGN ANYTHING. Make them provide ALL INFO on the account. IF they can't validate, you can sue for multiple violations. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.