Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA...Please Help!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA...Please Help!!!

So I started paying off some debts before I found this forum... I owed 570 dollars on a loan that went to a colletion acengy. I've paid 170 of that so far. I'd sent 100 in May and 70 last month, just so I was at least sending something to pay towards it.

Today I received a letter from NCB CA stating That:
 "Your mailing an occasional payment to our client is not acceptable. We have been authorized by our client to collect the entire balance. Please mail the remaining balance to our office as soon as possible." 

That fires me up. Here I am trying my best to pay it down, it is only a couple hundred buck, at least sending in a payment for a couple months now, and they are sending me this letter that it needs to be paid in full. I am tempted to stop paying for a few months, or pay a dollar a month...lol. Is it to late to maybe send them a PFD? Any input from anyone would be greatly appriciated. Thanks alot!!!!
~Savannah

Edited to add....PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO BOTTOM TO GIVE ME YOUR OPINION ON MY PFD before I send it!

Message Edited by Savings321 on 07-20-2007 09:16 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA...Please Help!!!

If they want the $ that should take a PFD.
As just paying on a CA is not helping your score.

Savings321 wrote:
So I started paying off some debts before I found this forum... I owed 570 dollars on a loan that went to a colletion acengy. I've paid 170 of that so far. I'd sent 100 in May and 70 last month, just so I was at least sending something to pay towards it.

Today I received a letter from NCB CA stating That:
 "Your mailing an occasional payment to our client is not acceptable. We have been authorized by our client to collect the entire balance. Please mail the remaining balance to our office as soon as possible." 

That fires me up. Here I am trying my best to pay it down, it is only a couple hundred buck, at least sending in a payment for a couple months now, and they are sending me this letter that it needs to be paid in full. I am tempted to stop paying for a few months, or pay a dollar a month...lol. Is it to late to maybe send them a PFD? Any input from anyone would be greatly appriciated. Thanks alot!!!!
~Savannah

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frankly, I'd send them a letter stating you are doing the best you can.  I'd prefer to let it go to Court and see what the judge had to say - I mean come on jack you are donig the best you can, that's life - MAKE them work for it - I know you don't want a judgment on your record but there is the principle of the whole thing - you ARE trying - you could ALSO try contacting the OC and see why they are not ok with your payment plan...
Message 3 of 6
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

beach123 wrote:
Frankly, I'd send them a letter stating you are doing the best you can.  I'd prefer to let it go to Court and see what the judge had to say - I mean come on jack you are donig the best you can, that's life - MAKE them work for it - I know you don't want a judgment on your record but there is the principle of the whole thing - you ARE trying - you could ALSO try contacting the OC and see why they are not ok with your payment plan...

Chances are, it would never end up in court.  The amount's so small.  Aside from that, it couldn't hurt to let them know you're doing the best you can.  Recently, I had to do that with a CA on a medical collection of my husband's.  I've been paying them $100 a month, due on the 15th, but which ran less than a week late, and prompted the letter demanding full payment.  I copied that letter and added a note to it stating, "I have never failed to pay you the agreed upon amount,  each and every month.  Should you need or require the cancelled checks to substantiate the same, I will be more than happy to forward copies of them to you."  They accepted that month's payment, and didn't complain when this month was also late.  (I just can't get my husband to pay it).  And guess what, I bet my life they cashed the check. Smiley Happy

As for PFD?  It's never too late to PFD, so long as you haven't paid the debt in full, which you haven't.  

I don't see why a PFD can't include some sort of payment arrangement. IE:  If you agree (get it in writing) upon payment in full to delete all references to this account from all CRAs I will send you XXX, in so many monthly installments ...     
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As you can tell from my OP I was pretty upsat about the letter I got from this CA. So I used the PFD letter Tuscani provided but tweaked it alittle. Just wanted some feedback from everyone as to if it was ok or not. Didn't know if I was letting too much emotion into the first paragraph. Thanks for all the advice so far....

To Whom It May Concern:

I am attaching a copy of a letter I just received in the mail. In the past few months I have just started to regain a financial footing and have been diligently trying to pay back debt that I had acquired over the 2 years. I may not have been able to pay the full debt owed but have been trying to accompany your requests for payment, so I find the letter you sent to be rude and ‘not acceptable’ as you have stated in your letter.

In the spirit of compromise, however, I am willing to pay this account IN FULL if you agree to the immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion).

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, a payment for the remaining balance ($400.00) will be sent to NCB in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt.

NCB agrees to delete ALL information regarding this account from the credit reporting agencies WITHIN TEN CALENDAR (10) DAYS following receipt of payment as specified above and will not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone, excluding your client on this account. If contacted by any third party, including credit-reporting agencies, Collection Agency will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted or executed and will, in fact, deny knowledge of any such account.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicity agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of NCB. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

Please address all correspondence regarding this account to:

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump! Anyone have an opinion on my PFD letter? I wanted to send it today, just wanted to know if it was ok???? Please give me some/ANY input. Thanks!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.