Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Reported Me Accidentially

tag
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

CA Reported Me Accidentially

Hello, has anyone had an issue with a CA admitting they placed you under collection by accident? Each time I've spoken to them, they say sorry there's nothing they can do, minus me having to wait for an unknown time and pay to pull my credit reports to see if it's dropped off.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CA Reported Me Accidentially

They have a statutory requirement under FCRA 623(a)(2) to promptly update any information so as to maintin its current accuracy.

If they are admitting inaccuracy, THEY must take the prompt initiative to correct.

I would send them a letter demanding prompt compliance with section 623(a)(2), and state that if not corrected in their next reporting cycle, a formal complaint will be filed with the CFPB, and civil action contemplated under FCRA 616 for willful noncompliance with the FCRA.

I would not send in the form of a direct dispute.  No need to get a pending dispute flag over their silliness.

Message 2 of 3
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

Re: CA Reported Me Accidentially

Thank you for your feedback. They did tell me they changed the status to reflect it being removed, but there's not sure when it will update. This action on their behalf is preventing from getting a house. I will send the letter in if the status isn't changed. I believe it's been 30 days or very close to 30 days as of 04-06-14. I'm just not sure how to know when it is removed. They told me they have no idea when it will be removed.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.