Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Verification Timeframe?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA Verification Timeframe?

I know....I have searched throughout the threads for research and I am just a bit confused here.  I disputed a fraudulent account by CMRR and it was received and signed at the CA on Aug 29.  I just got the green tag today!  Does this mean that I must have a verification from the CA by Sept 29 or just a letter dated from them by Sept 29?  These are not on my CR - I assume it is listed on Chexsystem but I do not have verification yet.  With the long green card response I didn't know what the timeframes would be and I am looking for a professional's advice.  My thought is this will "pop" up on my CRs within the week and I just want to be prepared.

Gracias.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA Verification Timeframe?

Nothing?  Nada?
Message 2 of 7
cgmiller63
Contributor

Good question. I don't have the answer but I'm sure someone on this site will be able to help.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The letter I used as an example states 30 days from receipt of the letter.  If they signed for it on the 1st, they would have 30 days from the 1st to respond.  I've also read (on another forum) that you may not receive the answer you want from the 1st letter.  Sometimes you have to do a second.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So today is Oct 2 and I get that thin ceditor type envelope - it is an answer to my DV!  I open it up and it reads "please be avised, at the creditors request, your account is no longer assigned to this office.  Accordingly, we have closed our file on this matter

So could they not validate the debt?  did they sell it?  should I call the OC for instruction?

Anyone?  Anyone?  Buehler?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I experienced the same - will be removed from CRA (and it was) - however I fully expect to see it with another CA and will DV them at that time.  It will be a constant "appear, DV, come off until" the fall-off date which is about 4-1/2 more years.  I am still inside SOL with all 3 of my baddies but if I get sued I can pay it (unless some stupid attorney decides to add thoudands of dollars to the account in which case we will go to court and I will request mediation).

As I understand it - they must answer in writing within 30 days of receipt (you can also track the Certified online at USPS - I had the received dates before I got the cards back) - if they do not answer they can not report until they do answer.  There is a follow up letter if they don't answer that demands removal.

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 10-03-2007 09:52 AM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

they couldn't validate it. It could be so old that they were just hoping that you would pay & be done with it, without questions.

When you send a DV to a CA...they must answer within 30 days...if they do not (which they do not have to) They MUST stop all collections...including reporting!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.