Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA buys debt and then re-ages as if it happened last month

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA buys debt and then re-ages as if it happened last month

Can anyone tell me which FCRA violation this is?  I had a collection from 2yrs ago that just popped on my CR and it shows as if it happened last month...

Message Edited by GETNUMBERSUP on 03-05-2008 12:04 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA buys debt and then re-ages as if it happened last month

the 'opened' or 'reported' date being last month is not re-aging.  Re-aging is if they change the DOFD or DOLA (EQ uses dola for dropoff date) to make it stay on your report past the 7 years.  If the DOFD or DOLA are accurate they are in compliance.

I have a collection that is:
DOFD 11/2005
Opened 11/2006
Reported 2/2008 (they are reporting monthly)

it is not "re-aged"

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's only on My EX report and it's not reporting a DOLA or DOFD on it...it just says "Not Reported". Should I call the CA and just ask a general question of DOLA and then end the call?
Message 3 of 6
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

The only way I know to see it online with EXP is to do an online dispute, but you don't have to actually go through with it, just fill-out all the info, have a current reference number, (I was a member of free credit report when I last did it so it filled in the info for me), and when you click on the accounts they give you the drop off date, etc.

Don't call the CA, you can however call the CRA and they will tell you, if you can find a working number with a live person, otherwise order a hard copy of your CR it's on there as well.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks braz
Message 5 of 6
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Here is the link to EXP disputes, good luck!

EXP Disputes Online
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.