cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA called me(I'm in the middle of a dispute with CRA)

tag
dreamee

CA called me(I'm in the middle of a dispute with CRA)

I initiated a dispute on 8/2 with the CRAs re: a Collection Account. The CA just left me a voicemail! By my calculations, they only have a few days left to verify with the CRA. What should I do? Is this a confirmation they aren't able to verify and are trying to get info out of me?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA called me(I'm in the middle of a dispute with CRA)

it only means that they want to bug you. what is your SOL?

Never talk to a CA on the phone!!!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-29-2007 05:52 PM
Message 2 of 6
dreamee

Okay, so since I'm new, please be patient with me.... Here is what is reporting on my TU report I was disputing because this was paid in Feb.this year and it isn't showing as such. Based off of this info what is the SOL?

Collection on debt to: Pelican Mgmt Parkview
The collection agency "Corporate Tr" was hired to collect a debt of $335 originally owed to "Pelican Mgmt Parkview" on account number "XXXXXXXXXXXXX3897".

Collection agency [?] Corporate Tr
Original balance [?] $335
Current balance [?] $335
Status [?] Not Reported
Date assigned [?] Jun 28, 2004
Date reported [?] Jan 08, 2007
Original lender [?] Pelican Mgmt Parkview
Account number [?] XXXXXXXXXXXXX3897
Account holder [?] Individual
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

dreamee wrote:
I initiated a dispute on 8/2 with the CRAs re: a Collection Account. The CA just left me a voicemail! By my calculations, they only have a few days left to verify with the CRA. What should I do? Is this a confirmation they aren't able to verify and are trying to get info out of me?

Hard to say. Could be a fishing expedition. Like HappyDays said, NEVER talk to them on the phone. If you pick up and it's a CA, hang up. Caller ID is your friend.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

dreamee wrote:
what is the SOL?

Depends on the state you're in, state where the original contract was signed (if different), date of last payment, dates of any written or verbal offers to pay, and probably a whole host of other things.

SOL is a deep subject. See the CRTP v SOL link in my sig.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

dreamee wrote:

Do you have any idea who the OC  could be..have you ever had CO.  If so when?
Do you know what your SOL is?   2 links     

State SOL
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.