Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA called me after my PFD

tag
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

CA called me after my PFD

Yesterday, I sent a PFD to a CA for a medical collection of just under $500. Today they called me on the phone and said that they wanted to talk to me about the letter I sent. Should I call them back or just wait to see if they mail me back an offer to PFD?

Starting Scores:10/09/13 EX ???; EQ 661; TU 668
Current Scores: 11/23/13 EX 655; EQ 679; TU 705
Goal Scores:700+ for all
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

Re: CA called me after my PFD

bump

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

did you include a limited c and d in the pfd? either way i would wait for a written response.

if you did include the no calls c and d my next letter would mention that i could bring legal action for violating my rights. you can sue for 1k for each violation.
Message 3 of 7
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

I went with one of the ones that is posted in the FAQ area for PFD. It says, "Please address all correspondence regarding this account to: ..." then has my address, but I never specifically asked them not to call me. I really just want it to get off my credit report and don't mind paying the $500 to do it. How long should I wait? I'm guessing if they called me the day after I sent it, they'd probably send me something in the mail relatively soon. I wrote that they needed to contact me within 15 days in the letter. So wait a couple weeks before worrying about it? And if they do send me out a pfd response, then how do I send them the money? By money order?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

tryingtogetitrightnow wrote:
I went with one of the ones that is posted in the FAQ area for PFD. It says, "Please address all correspondence regarding this account to: ..." then has my address, but I never specifically asked them not to call me.

well asking please and demanding not to call are very differant

I really just want it to get off my credit report and don't mind paying the $500 to do it. How long should I wait?

until they accept the pfd, or until you decide you want to pay, so it won't get sold and a new collection account is generated when it gets sold.

I'm guessing if they called me the day after I sent it, they'd probably send me something in the mail relatively soon.

did you send it cmrrr? if so, did the green card come back, so you can be sure they rcvd your pfd offer?

I wrote that they needed to contact me within 15 days in the letter. So wait a couple weeks before worrying about it? And if they do send me out a pfd response, then how do I send them the money? By money order?

typically suggest sending funds in the form of a certified check

hope this helps.
Message 5 of 7
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

I did not send it cmrrr. The message they left on my vm today said it was in reference to the letter they received, though.

This might be a stupid question, but you can get a certified check at a bank, right?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeppers, bank or credit union.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.