Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA cannot pull a hard CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA cannot pull a hard CR?

Ok, I read somewhere that the CA cannot pull a hard inquiry is that correct?

I have a collection agency KCA Fin Serv DOI 10/25/2007 from TU on an old account.

This happens to also be a duplicate account I disputed with the CRA because Fst Coll SRV is also reporting this account.

Message Edited by wantingbettercredit on 02-28-2008 07:06 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA cannot pull a hard CR?

Lots of posts and opinions about this-

If a CA owns the account and the debt was the result of a "Credit Transaction" - they probably have PP.

Most of the disagreements about this- is a CA is collecting on behalf of a an OC- there is a very fine line here- as you never applied for credit with the collection agency did you? 

Search around- hours of good reading on this subject-

wantingbettercredit wrote:
Ok, I read somewhere that the CA cannot pull a hard inquiry is that correct?

I have a collection agency KCA Fin Serv DOI 10/25/2007 from TU on an old account.

This happens to also be a duplicate account I disputed with the CRA because Fst Coll SRV is also reporting this account.

Message Edited by wantingbettercredit on 02-28-2008 07:06 PM

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA cannot pull a hard CR?

The OC was Valor which sold to Windstream. Now The KCA FINL did the Inquiry.  Date opened says 10/2007.  It was not.  It was opened back a few years ago.  Also on my report is FST COLL SRV creditor name. OC is Windstream Date opened 10/19/2006 Date rep. 12/11/06. I have Disputed these because duplicate on the CR and Date are all off. I just noticed KCA did an Hard Inq. on 10/25/07
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.