cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA claims they had account when I paid the OC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA claims they had account when I paid the OC?

Thanks guys for all the help you provide here....

I have a problem with an CA who is reporting on my CR derog. And I settled and paid the OC.
Any Ideas as to what I can do to get them to remove their entry? I have disputed it with the CRA and the CA is reporting a paid date different then the OC.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CA claims they had account when I paid the OC?

Have you tried a GW letter?
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have called the CA they are mad because the amount was paid to the OC. They claim they had the account at the time I paid the OC.  And they won't tell me the exact date they recieved it.
Message 3 of 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I would send a GW to the OC. Ask the OC to delete any TLs associated with the account.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they agree....they will contact the CA and they will have to delete also? And is there a proper verbage to use in this kind of request (GW)?
Message 5 of 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

so_confused wrote:
If they agree....they will contact the CA and they will have to delete also? And is there a proper verbage to use in this kind of request (GW)?

They should. See the example letter in my sig. There is no "works for all" GW letter. You will need to modify it for your unique situation.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay...thanks for the help...and congrats!!!!!!Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

so_confused wrote:

I have a problem with an CA who is reporting on my CR derog. And I settled and paid the OC.

Do you have anything from the OC showing PIF? If so, you could use that to dispute the CA with the CRAs.

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 06-22-2007 10:40 AM
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i have a reciept...and a letter of agreemnet to settle the account.(this was before you all clued me in on PFD) .
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

so_confused wrote:
Yes i have a reciept...and a letter of agreemnet to settle the account.(this was before you all clued me in on PFD) .

I say then DV the CA and dispute it with the CRAs.

Seems the OC goofed by reported it to the CA before they reconciled the payment.

Don't send anything to the CA other than a DV letter asking for validation. They don't appear to have standing to report, so they should just go away.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.