cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA claims they had account when I paid the OC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA claims they had account when I paid the OC?

could that be the reason the CA is showing date paid as 08/04...When I paid the OC in 05/04? They may have paid the CA in 08/04?  ....Hope you are following me...like my handle I really am confused!Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you had an agreement with the oc to have the negative tl deleted then the oc should contact the ca and have them delete.  That is how I got all of my collections deleted.  In most cases the oc is the client of the ca.  That means the ca does what their clients tell them to do.

Message Edited by loloswims on 06-22-2007 12:13 PM
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

No they did not agree to delete...they just agreed to settle for lesser amount. But, is it normal for an OC to take payment if they have sent it to collections or sold to a JDB?  
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

In all of my cases I directly paid the oc and they contacted the ca to have my items deleted.  Remember, the cas work for the ocs.  I found that working with the oc to get items deleted is a lot easier than working with the ca.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

so_confused wrote:
No they did not agree to delete...they just agreed to settle for lesser amount. But, is it normal for an OC to take payment if they have sent it to collections or sold to a JDB?

If they've already sent it to collections, then normally their agreements with the CA require the OC to send payment to the CA who takes their cut then pays the OC.

However, some OCs will settle for less than the full amount and sell that unpaid portion to a CA or JDB. Payment to the OC in settlement resets the SOL, and thus the CA or JDB can attempt to collect and even sue. Generally doesn't happen, but it can. Most OCs take the settle and are done with you. CAs and JDBs are known for doing this much more often.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.