cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA closing file and when do I see the score change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA closing file and when do I see the score change?

Apartment leasing company incorrectly charged overdue and sent to CA Asset acceptance. I hired a lawyer and provided evidence. Now they have agreed to cease the collection efforts. My lawyer got a letter that states " Upon further review AALC is now ceasing all collection efforts and closing its file. AALC will request the removal its trade line that may have been reported to the credit reporting agencies with regard to the above referenced account" Is it a a good news for me? If so when would the score get back to the original value. Mine dropped from 780 to 691 after CA started the collection. I would like to thank this forum for providing invaluable guidance for fixing this mess.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA closing file and when do I see the score change?

You will see your score increase as soon as it comes off your report. However, I don't know if you gain all that you lost. I've had some removed, but dont' know how much I lost when they appeared, so can't say if I gained it all back or not.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.