Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA delema..please help

tag
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

CA delema..please help

Ok here's my new delema....DH has a judgement from Action Management for x-wifes vehichle repo. Now Remit corp (new CA) sent a letter wanting the money. I sent them a DV letter. No response yet. He calls Remit Corp ( I know shouldn't have done it but was driving me nuts and I don't have far to go) They tell him that they have bought all of Action managements accounts. He offers them about 50% of the total and tells them he wants them to delete this off his report. They tell him they can't cause they aren't reporting on his report...which is true they aren't Action Management is. Now what do I do with this? If we pay them it still isn't coming off. I tried to call Action Management and no one answers. I am at a loss with this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
My_dog_FICO
Regular Contributor

Re: CA delema..please help

It sounds to me like Action went out of business. This would be a great opportunity to DV the CRAs. If they truly investigate, there will be no response from Action and the item will drop from your report.

But, Remit may start reporting to the CRAs so you may still need to DV and PFD them if they do. (if the debt is still withing SOL).

If you're really looking to settle this account, you could DV the OC, if they're reporting on your CR. If they still own the debt, they may accept a settlement and change your status to Paid as Agreed rather than as a Collection.
11/14/07 TU 567 - EQ 561 - EX 577
11/29/07 TU ??? - EQ 573 - EX ???
12/10/07 TU ??? - EQ 579 - EX ??? - 60% util - OOPS!
Message 2 of 10
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

Well date of last activity shows as 8/2004. He said this is when he thinks they froze a bank account and took the money from there. So does that mean that's where I start counting for the SOL?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So how did they  get a bank account? That can only be done thru the courts - was he sued?

If he did make a payment then SOL starts from there (or DOFD - depends on state code and caselaw) use the later date to be safe. and add an extra month or two to the counting - again, to be safe.
Message 4 of 10
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

yes they had a judgement against him, and they levied his bank account. So there was a payment made (not volunteered though). That's the only thing he can think of as to why the DOLA is 2004. He has never made a payment to them otherwise. If that is the case then it is within the SOL for Pa. I know it's 4 years. ughhhh

My thought now is....if they sold everything to this CA then the first CA wouldn't be able to verify so wouldn't that mean the judgement would come off of public records? Cause that is where it is listed on his report...public records. I am just trying to figure out the best way to get this off of his report. I don't want this new CA reporting on his report (as of now they aren't) Hopefully I can settle this before they do.

Message Edited by oogiemoo on 11-29-2007 06:35 PM
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOL is out the window - they already HAVE the judgement.  They can go grab another account as soon as they petition the court for garnishment
Message 6 of 10
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

Then CAs can sell judgements? Cause this one isn't the one that obtained the judgement.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I missed th e'judgement' in your original post.

You can sell anything - just depends on if someone is willing to buy it.

Dispute Action with the CRAs.  Maybe it will drop.

Wait for the DV response on the new one...

And tell him to stay off the phone cause he may have re-affirmed the debt (yes,a judgement can expire if not renewed - SOL in your state)

For the time being - he needs to keep only $10-20 in any account in his name - deposit everything into an account in your name only
Message 8 of 10
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

the SOL for judgements is 5 years. I will never feed him again if he opened their eyes to something! Judgement is from 10/2003 so it is good until this time next year...ohh I will so beat him!

luckily we just use the account in my name. So they won't do that again. I would love to just be done with this. I just don't know how to get the old judgement off being it's a different CA that has it now. They can't advise the CRA's to remove it..cause it's not their tradeline or judgement.

I am going to try and dispute it and see if it comes back verified. I don't know how they go about verifying judgements being they are court issued. Anyone know if the CA actually verifies them or if there is a special place that verifies court items?

Message Edited by oogiemoo on 11-29-2007 07:25 PM
Message 9 of 10
future
Frequent Contributor

if another ca has the acc you can dispute the old ca. if they no longer have the acc that should get it removed
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.