Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA entry on CR after DV

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA entry on CR after DV

Every time I read the 30 day limit I confuse myself. Simple answer YES or NO  will set me in right direction.

DV received 7/18    by  CA

I opened dispute 6/23...received update from all 3 CRA. 7/22   this CA showed as updated.

SW ALERT  7/29

Same CA  showing as new account....open account......collection account

Under sataue, do they stop reporting after receiving DV...or....after 30 days & no answer to DV?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CA entry on CR after DV

HappyDays wrote:
Every time I read the 30 day limit I confuse myself. Simple answer YES or NO  will set me in right direction.

DV received 7/18    by  CA

I opened dispute 6/23...received update from all 3 CRA. 7/22   this CA showed as updated.

SW ALERT  7/29

Same CA  showing as new account....open account......collection account

Under sataue, do they stop reporting after receiving DV...or....after 30 days & no answer to DV?

Have you received anything in writing validating this debt as yours? There's is no timetable for the CAs once they receive the DV, they can take one day or years to validate. However once received, the CA must cease all collection attempts and this includes reporting to the CRAs until they validate. If no validation, they cannot legally report the debt to the CRAs.

They must give you written proof of their validation and it must include: proof that they (the CA) own the debt/or it has been assigned the debt by the OC, a copy of an original loan agreement/application with your signature on it and/or a payment history (not sure if partial is suffice) that began with the OC.

Hey Noah, wanna chime in?

Message Edited by fused111 on 07-31-2007 06:02 PM

Message Edited by fused111 on 07-31-2007 06:53 PM
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have NOT received anything from them yet. They might have tried calling but, I have caller ID and I never answer if I do not know who is calling!!

This is from Palisades or Palisades collections LL....How do I know if they own the debt? and does it make a difference if the are collecting or if they OWN the debt?

Now that I know that they should have stopped reporting....I should send another letter telling them to stop because they are in violation?? OR-AND    notify CRA    what???

Im new at this & I want to do it right the first time.

Thank you for the info.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't know if they own it until you do receive proof.  All I received was a statement from a CA, which shows NO authority for them to collect the account!  We sure have to fight like hell don't we!

Keep after them, it's usually a computer generated "verification" - read somewhere on here they have quotas on how many disputes they resolve per day or per monthSmiley Sad
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG  this is a full time job buttttttttttt so worth it.

I am no good at writting letters...never word it right.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.