Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA in DMP - can I still PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA in DMP - can I still PFD?

I can't really dispute validity of the account since we are paying it in a DMP.  Can I still contact the CA and offer PFD (I would offer to pay the full amount owed)?  They know that while paying through the DMP that they are going to get paid.  Will this make them less likely to accept?  Has anyone in a DMP done this successfully?

Also, are we going to get flack from the CCCS if we tell them we want to take the account out of the DMP and pay it off?  Are they going to tell us that it can't be deleted from our CR and for us to not attempt it - but continue to pay it through them?  Does anyone have experience dealing with this?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: CA in DMP - can I still PFD?

Just finished my DMP.  My CCCS didnt know the exact balances and I was allowed to edit the balances.  It was a small amount but I made the last payment myself.  Also some of my balances were apid off before others.

You really cant take an account out of the DMP but you can pay it off and the DMP will stop making payments on it.  The CCC dont care who makes they payments as long as they are being made.  Also if you were able to take the account out of the DMP, the CCC would raise the interest rates and may demand the full amount.

I know this is a mute point since you want to do a PIF but just pay the account off and tell the DMP that the balaance is now 0.  The will just allocate the extra money to another account.

My DMP was Harbor (Debt Free Christian).
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.