Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA inquiry

I didn't want to hijack a similar thread so I'll ask here..

About a year ago, I was sued by Wolpoff & Abramson. They backed out only minutes before entering the courtroom because I had been challenging their claim that I had restarted the SOL by a "phantom" payment on the account. They gave me signed paperwork verifying they backed out.

Well I have only recently been paying attention to my CR, and I found this

WOLPOFF & ABRAMSON
TWO IRVINGTON CENT
702 KING FARM BLVD
ROCKVILLE , MD 20850
(240) 386-3000 

Requested On: 3/21/2006
Inquiry Type: Individual
Loan Type: Collection Credit Rpt Inq

I just want to make sure they have no right to do this before I send a letter off to them.

Thanks again for everyones ongoing help Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Astrid on 11-09-2007 07:20 PM

Message Edited by Astrid on 11-09-2007 07:20 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CA inquiry

These guys are jerks. They offered a settlement for my wife in 2001 for an old Cross Country acct from around $750 to $525. This is before we knew anything about PFD. We sent a certified check CMRRR to them before their timeframe for payment ran out. The account went silent for six months, then a new CA took over and demanded the remaining $225! I called (again before this forum) them and they said we never made a payment and that we only owed $225 and because it was uncollectable, they had to send this acct to another CA.

I believe they had the right to ping your CR. Permissible purpose, (yeah) right?! Since the inquiry is in Mar. '06, have you seen anything else on your account involving them? Maybe the inquiry was related to the judgement. It's past one year so it won't affect your score. Personally, I'd leave it alone.
Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: CA inquiry

Sure looks to me like it was when they originally went fishing, winding up with the attempted judgment. I think you're OK, but I would keep an eye on it.

FICO doesn't count inquiries over 12 months, but it will display until March (Feb?) 2008, so if you have to apply in the meantime, I would have copies of the paperwork ready to show to lenders, so that they know it's bogus.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.