Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA pulling hard inquiry on CR??

tag
Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

CA pulling hard inquiry on CR??

I have just talked to an rep. through support here on Myfico.com about CA violations.  I wanted to hear more on the forum about why, under "Inquires affecting your FICO score" (Transunion), there are 2 inquires there that i wanted to get clarification about.  Here they are:

Total: 2 Times
Date
January 12, 2007         284pecanridge     (This is my apartment & this should be a soft inquiry not effecting my report as I understand from talking with support)

August 11, 2006          Elite Recovery Services  

Could someone explain why Elite Recovery Services has an inquiry effecting my score???  This is a CA, right?  As I read right on the page with these, only creditors that you have applied for credit should show an inquiry here.  Could someone answer this for me.  I am especially interested to know if the CA is in any violation here.

Thanks in advance!
Sustaining Change takes Support and Reinforcement !

FICOS 02/03/2013, TU -798, EQ - 805 ( Last known EX -812)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA pulling hard inquiry on CR??

Message 2 of 6
Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

Hello and thanks for your answer.  I found the letter earlier, but wanted to be sure someone else besides me is in agrreance that at the very least the CA one should not be there.  I don't want to send the letter not knowing if they were in violation or not.

Does anyone have any input on..... if Elite Recovery Services are in violation here? I never gave them permission to pull anything on my report, and I certainly never asked for credit from them.

Thanks all.

Message 3 of 6
Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

Bump

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I sent that letter to a CA that is listed on my CR but is pulling hard inquiries, can they or will they get angry and turn around and sue me for a past debt?
Message 5 of 6
Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

I am new to this forum and don't know.  But I would think if "it's against the law,"  and they know it, then it's against the law. I am in the process of writing this now and I am going to include a $500.00, plus deletion on mine. What the heck, I don't see why it would hurt.

I was wondering if I should include eveidence such as a copy of it and if I should get a CMRRR?

Anyone?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.