Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA question....HELP!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA question....HELP!!!

I have collection with Cavalry Port in the amount of 12k.  (repo auto in Feb 2003).  The OC shows a $0 balance on report, but Cavalry reported in Jan 2008.  I have been reading several post and am not sure if I should DV or try to settle.  I am in NC and SOL is 3 years.  What are my options.  Would love to have it removed totally.  I have never received any correspondence from this company and it did not affect me getting a mortgage last year, but I do want to clear this off my credit.  Should I leave it be or work on getting it removed?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA question....HELP!!!

If the OC is reporting a zero- chances are Cavalry owns it-

They most likley bought it at a discount-
Sounds like it is past SOL-

A PFD might be doable- I would start at 25% of the orginal $

vinclark1 wrote:
I have collection with Cavalry Port in the amount of 12k.  (repo auto in Feb 2003).  The OC shows a $0 balance on report, but Cavalry reported in Jan 2008.  I have been reading several post and am not sure if I should DV or try to settle.  I am in NC and SOL is 3 years.  What are my options.  Would love to have it removed totally.  I have never received any correspondence from this company and it did not affect me getting a mortgage last year, but I do want to clear this off my credit.  Should I leave it be or work on getting it removed?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA question....HELP!!!

Past SOL - DV Calvary - they responded to a friend's DV with a ceasing of all activity (it's past SOL and CRTP - and even sent her proof of both in their letter.  What they can't come up with for her is probably a copy of the contract - we know the actual car was bought in '95.

You risk nothing with a DV (can't sue and they are already reporting it) - so I would do the DV first..
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.