cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA "file tampering" excuse

tag
lQQkuP

CA "file tampering" excuse

Hoping to clear out an old PIF collection account (paid >3 yrs ago) with a medical CA.  After disputing with CRA to confirm (it was), then writing/calling w/a gw-type request to the CA they say "can't do - it would be consideried file tampering."   Any idea of how to respond back?  - not a legal wiz.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA "file tampering" excuse

I am sure they are refering to FCRA to report accuratly.

However there is no requirement for them to report- just if they report to report accurate.
Was this request via Wrtiiten form?

lQQkuP wrote:
Hoping to clear out an old PIF collection account (paid >3 yrs ago) with a medical CA.  After disputing with CRA to confirm (it was), then writing/calling w/a gw-type request to the CA they say "can't do - it would be consideried file tampering."   Any idea of how to respond back?  - not a legal wiz.

Message 2 of 5
lQQkuP

Thxs for response, Timothy.  Yes, written 1st, then called.  The OC even offered to call on my behalf as I've been in good standing since - no luck for them either.  My letter was modeled loosely on a few gw templates floating around. 
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is the CA ?
Message 4 of 5
lQQkuP

CA is a local medical reporting agency - in fact they go by "MRA".  I'm thinking maybe it's time to visit face-to-face along with a copy of approp section of the FCRA and ask even more nicely!  Thanks again.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.