lQQkuP

CA "file tampering" excuse

Hoping to clear out an old PIF collection account (paid >3 yrs ago) with a medical CA.  After disputing with CRA to confirm (it was), then writing/calling w/a gw-type request to the CA they say "can't do - it would be consideried file tampering."   Any idea of how to respond back?  - not a legal wiz.
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: CA "file tampering" excuse

I am sure they are refering to FCRA to report accuratly.

However there is no requirement for them to report- just if they report to report accurate.
Was this request via Wrtiiten form?

lQQkuP wrote:
Hoping to clear out an old PIF collection account (paid >3 yrs ago) with a medical CA.  After disputing with CRA to confirm (it was), then writing/calling w/a gw-type request to the CA they say "can't do - it would be consideried file tampering."   Any idea of how to respond back?  - not a legal wiz.

lQQkuP

Thxs for response, Timothy.  Yes, written 1st, then called.  The OC even offered to call on my behalf as I've been in good standing since - no luck for them either.  My letter was modeled loosely on a few gw templates floating around. 
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Who is the CA ?
lQQkuP

CA is a local medical reporting agency - in fact they go by "MRA".  I'm thinking maybe it's time to visit face-to-face along with a copy of approp section of the FCRA and ask even more nicely!  Thanks again.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+