cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA rep not very friendly. Should I try to send PFD to owner of CA instead?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA rep not very friendly. Should I try to send PFD to owner of CA instead?

I am dealing with a collection agency that is just a bear.  It is a small town collection agency with only about 25 employees.  Even on their website it states that they won't PFD.   Should I send the PFD addressed to the owner instead with CMRRR instead?    The office manager I spoke with was very rude and not about to help me - is it possible that she could sign for the CMRRR anyway?  If so it will be a waste of time.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA rep not very friendly. Should I try to send PFD to owner of CA instead?

Never talk to a CA!!!!!  never sign your name to any letter to a CA!!!!!

Not enough info.      
Is the OC still reporting?
Who owns the account?
what is the DOFD   DOLA and SOL??
Are they reporting or did you just receive a phone call or letter?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. The OC never reported.  Only the CA. 
  2. I believe the OC still owns the account - sent them a PFD and they never responded.   
  3. The DOFD is 01/2003; DOLA is 01/2003;  Date of last payment is 06/2005.  The SOL for my state is 4 years for oral contacts and 6 years for written contracts. 
  4. They are reporting AND I received a letter with all of the normal info:  original creditor, amount, and all of the CA info.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

newtoit wrote:

2. I believe the OC still owns the account - sent them a PFD and they never responded.   
  3. The DOFD is 01/2003; DOLA is 01/2003;  Date of last payment is 06/2005.  The SOL for my state is 4 years for oral contacts and 6 years for written contracts. 
  4. They are reporting AND I received a letter with all of the normal info:  original creditor, amount, and all of the CA info.

what state?     did you make a payment in 2005?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Georgia.  And yes - made a payment in 2005 before I knew what I was doing.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ga. is good.........I think this comes under  *open account*  which would put the SOL at  4 years  from DOFD. By state law....you did not reset the SOL by just making a payment!!!!!  In order to do that you would had to include a note with the payment.  Ga. is the only state that has this law that I know of.

You did not reset the CRTP either as that can only be reset before CO or by making 1 or more payments and becoming current.

I would send them a DV  CMRRR

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-02-2008 02:06 PM
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

newtoit wrote:

If the OC still owns, you might try talking with them. You might explain how the CA isn't trying to work with you and you are trying to get this cleared up. Ask them if they'll pull the account back from the CA and allow you to pay them.

After that happens, DV the CA.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

just for your info.  consumers only use  SOL  for  open accounts and promissary notes...the other 2 are for busness

As sidwinder said....you may pay the OC BUT  you must be sure that they own the account!!!!!  call and ask but don't call the CA

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-02-2008 05:18 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-02-2008 05:20 PM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.