cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA reporting but want to pay OC for delete.Possible?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA reporting but want to pay OC for delete.Possible?

First when did you move out?  month/year?  Because they haven't updated in awhile it looks as though they were assigned the account.

Any CA can report and not own the account. The only way to know is to ask them (CA)

As sidewinder said....you will be past SOL soon....in Cal. 4 years from the month after you moved.   You are already past it in Navada.
Message 11 of 17
momof2
Frequent Contributor

happy days--- we moved out in mid april 2004 and our lease was up in may 2004.

i looked up SOL for NV and it said SOL for a written is 6 years were as a lease's SOL is 4 years, cali SOL for a written is 4 years, i dont what or if their is an SOL for a lease in cali.

SHould i send the DV that is sampled on this site or should i should it worded in a different way.  i called a financial place in vegas that i guess deals with the licensing for CA's and the lady told me that even if the OC is no longer arround that the CA still has a right to collect if they own the acocunt, she didnt say anyhting referencing to if the account was assigned to the CA.
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 12 of 17
momof2
Frequent Contributor

anyone?
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

Message 13 of 17
momof2
Frequent Contributor

Should i 1st dispute this on my CR's or just send the DV?
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

Message 14 of 17
momof2
Frequent Contributor

anyone, please.... should i dispute then send DV or just go ahead and send the DV now?
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

always DV a CA  before anything else
Message 16 of 17
momof2
Frequent Contributor

lets say that A.) CA own's the account, then chances are they would have all documentation from the OC to be able to validate?

or B.) if they were assigned the account but b/c the OC isn't around anymore, then chances of them being able to provide all documentation is slim & probably wont validate?

My best guess is that if I ask for a copy of the contract that i signed and dated and also ask for all proof that they tried to contact me, any collection efforts, then most likely since the OC isnt around anymore then they couldn't validate.

They would have to get a copy of my contract from the OC, who isnt around.

Lets say that i request a copy of my contract, copies of all rent reciepts, copies of all collections bills sent out(never once recieved anything in the mail only 1 phone call threatning to sue, never heard anything again after that),  and they send back a letter only giving lets say collection letters but cant provide compies of rent reciepts &/or copy of original contract, then that would not be defined as a vaild validation right? In that case I would write the CRA'a and tell them they couldnt properly validate and to delete the account.

Am I getting this right? Just want to make sure I get this right b/c i never dealt w/ a CA whose client doesnt exist anylonger.

FICO2/10=EQ= 564

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.