Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA reporting

tag
mmts0717
New Contributor

CA reporting

My DH has only 1 collection on his report that was put on the first part of December.  The hospital had incorrectly billed the insurance and they denied the claim 4 times for no doctor provider number, which I immediately disputed with the CA and hospital.  The hospital called CA and placed a HOLD on the account for 30 days, but still remained on CR.

Ok, I called the hospital administration on 12/26/2006 and made a complaint.  Within 2 hours they called back and said they called and faxed the information to the insurance.  On 12/27 hospital administration called to say that the claim was paid.  I sent a letter to CA, certified, to have it removed and gave the name of the adminstration to verify.  On 12/28 hospital notified CA and pulled the collection back. 

On 01/04 still on credit report.  Faxed a letter to CA telling them that I knew the account had been pulled back by hospital adminstration.  Today, 01/07 it is still on CR. 

Today, I got an EOB from my insurance that the claim was paid in full.

What should be my next step?   This was an error on the hospital's part and after I called adminstration, after getting no where with the billing department, they have made every effort to correct the problem and there is no balance with them.   I did call the hospital 01/07 and they said the account had already been pulled back and for me to contact the CA.  The CA obviously is not removing it or else they have decided to remove it when they get ready. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: CA reporting

It can take days or a few months for it to get processed and removed.

You should speed things along by disputing it as 'not mine', and/or searching google for whychat hipaa letter and seeing what might be appropriate to send.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.