Valued Member
hippychic823

CA telling me it's "illegal" to remove PIF collection from CR?!?!

First of all, thanks to everyone on this site. It has been an AMAZING asset for me as I try to rebuild/improve my credit. However, I've ran into a problem. I have 3 old medical CA accounts (all from the same CA and all from the same hospital visit) that I PIF in July 2011. I called and asked for a PFD (after I had already paid off the collections. That was before I knew about this site) and the CA was very rude and said it's "illegal" for them to remove something off my CR??? Is this true?? Should I try contacting the OC and see what they can do or am I just stuck with these baddies?? These are the ONLY baddies on my CR and I'd like to see them go bye-bye. ANY help/info/advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks so much :smileyhappy:
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: CA telling me it's "illegal" to remove PIF collection from CR?!?!

OP, please avoid cross-posting with the same question. Thread locked to direct others here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/CA-telling-me-it-s-quot-illegal-quot-to-delet...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+