Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN JUDGEMENT BE REMOVED?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAN JUDGEMENT BE REMOVED?

I have one Judgement on my CRs from 2004. It is from falling behind on my condo fees when I lost my job. My debt was handled by a shyster attorney and he added his exorbident fees on top of it. Shocking huh? I paid it in full as of 12/2005. I just recently had the record updated on all three CRs to show as "satisfied" and "paid".

My question now is..... Can I get this judgement removed entirely? If I send out a GW, who would I send it to?

Thanks for your assistance!!!

Message Edited by johndoe on 08-27-2007 07:37 AM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JUDGEMENT REMOVED?

johndoe wrote:
I have one Judgement on my CRs from 2004. It is from falling behind on my condo fees when I lost my job. My debt was handled by a shyster attorney and he added his exorbident fees on top of it. Shocking huh? I paid it in full as of 12/2005. I just recently had the record updated on all three CRs to show as "satisfied" and "paid".

My question now is..... Can I get this judgement removed entirely? If I send out a GW, who would I send it to?

Thanks for your assistance!!!

GW would be sent to the attorney
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really?? The attorney is the one who reported this to the CRAs??
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been looking into this 'cause I have a pain in @ss lendor I'm trying to work things out with.
As I understand it, if you paid the judgement, depending on your state, you can file a motion to set aside the judgement.  You would need to get the original attorney to sign off on it.  Once that is done the court gives you a letter that you can send to the CRAs and the judgement will come off.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I go about doing that? Do I send a type of GW letter to the attorney? Does anyone have a sample of the proper language to use?? I have standard GW samples. But if there is something different when writing an attorney.... please let me know!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I send a type of GW letter to the attorney?

Does anyone have a sample of the proper language to use??

I have standard GW samples. But if there is something different when writing an attorney.... please HELP. anyone!?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.