Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP1 GW denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAP1 GW denied

Their pathetic response:

The credit bereaus are sent a montly update of the status of your account. It is our policy to report all past history on your account. Each credit bureau reports derogatory info for approximately 7 years from the first date of delinquency. Please contact the credit bureaus for further assistance.

what crap. crap1!! Should I resend?? The letter is a copy.... maybe they put in my file for assurance I will always get denied??
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: CAP1 GW denied

Keep sending!  Do not get discouraged!  I am doing the same thing now.  Call and find a supervisor's name and address the letter to them.  Keep sending!  Even if it takes 20 times, the price of postage will be well worth the removal of the baddies. 

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

overwhelmed -

i got the same letter from CapOne. What did you do to follow up? Or is this the end???
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a late payment a year or so ago and called them up and asked them to take it off and they did. I think this is one time a phone call might work.

I was transferred a couple times and ended up in their credit reporting department somehow..

Kevin
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was my first try at a GW. I think I'll try another GW... I'm a little aprehensive about calling.
Message 5 of 17
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

What was the gist of the phone conversation with the people in the credit reporting department? Was it selling them a sob story (though done with complete conviction)? I just sent about 4 GWs to Citi, Wachovia, VW Credit and WaMu about two weeks ago, haven't heard any response, but I want to be ready for the worse case scenario.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still trying to catch up with my being behind, however, it angers me because apparently I was paying the $50 something for "protection" that I didn't know about. It's apparently used in situations when you're out of work or something like that and you can't pay your bills. Had I even known about it I probably wouldn't have gotten behind on mine, which has now screwed up my credit.  Just goes to prove as much as these companies say they want to help you, they don't.  Had they REALLY wanted to help me, they would have told me about this "protection" I had and had set me up to use it. It really makes you mad because I want them to reflect it in my report....THEY are the reason I'm behind.  Had it been completely my fault I'd accept that, but I don't feel it was.

Message Edited by hipgal0825 on 09-05-2007 11:47 AM
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not so sure Cap1 has any goodwill to give. I've written three times ! Guess I'll keep plugging away!
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think they can read at Cap1.  I sent a goodwill letter not a letter of dispute!!! uGHHHHHH!!
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep sending!!! Call,send. Send, call.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.