Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP1 GW denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAP1 GW denied

hipgal0825 wrote:
I'm still trying to catch up with my being behind, however, it angers me because apparently I was paying the $50 something for "protection" that I didn't know about. It's apparently used in situations when you're out of work or something like that and you can't pay your bills. Had I even known about it I probably wouldn't have gotten behind on mine, which has now screwed up my credit.  Just goes to prove as much as these companies say they want to help you, they don't.  Had they REALLY wanted to help me, they would have told me about this "protection" I had and had set me up to use it. It really makes you mad because I want them to reflect it in my report....THEY are the reason I'm behind.  Had it been completely my fault I'd accept that, but I don't feel it was.

Message Edited by hipgal0825 on 09-05-2007 11:47 AM

I believe these "protection" programs are worthless. However, you are billed each and every month until you cancel.  It shows up as a line item on your bill as "credit secure" or "credit protection" and the amount you pay is based on your outstanding balance.  So they probably were "telling" you each month -- you just need to read your bills.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I don't recall asking for the "protection" program and when I'm calling them trying to make a little payment (all I had then) and constantly telling them my situation (out of work, or only working part time), that's what I mean by if I'm paying it and that's what it's supposed to be for, why don't they give you the option of using it.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

hipgal0825 wrote:
Well I don't recall asking for the "protection" program and when I'm calling them trying to make a little payment (all I had then) and constantly telling them my situation (out of work, or only working part time), that's what I mean by if I'm paying it and that's what it's supposed to be for, why don't they give you the option of using it.

Yeah, I think they have a snakey way of offering it to people without explaining too clearly how it works ... perhaps it's free for the first month or something... if you check a box on your payment page you're hooked ...
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, the shakey part sounds about right. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy As soon as I DID become aware of it, I cancelled it immediately.  I'm already paying an arm and leg back on the cards which are now in debt protection.  I didn't see the point of paying that ridiculous $50 for something I don't use.  It was just adding to the bill.  I just want to get them paid off now.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

hipgal0825 wrote:
Yeah, the shakey part sounds about right. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy As soon as I DID become aware of it, I cancelled it immediately.  I'm already paying an arm and leg back on the cards which are now in debt protection.  I didn't see the point of paying that ridiculous $50 for something I don't use.  It was just adding to the bill.  I just want to get them paid off now.

Try calling back and asking if they can credit you for the months when you were being charged for the "protection" program.  Ask to speak to a manager. Worst that happens: they say no.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PayYouNever wrote:
What was the gist of the phone conversation with the people in the credit reporting department? Was it selling them a sob story (though done with complete conviction)? I just sent about 4 GWs to Citi, Wachovia, VW Credit and WaMu about two weeks ago, haven't heard any response, but I want to be ready for the worse case scenario.

In my case I just said, hey, I've been your customer a while and I'm trying to get my credit in shape to get a mortgage. I started in out with a how are you doing today maam and isn't it a beautiful day to be alive? Explained my situation and just said that I was looking for a little human kindness.

voila. A lot of thanks and god bless yous later, it was fixed.

Kevin
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Must be a standard NO letter.  I got the same !
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.