Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP1/ NCO SETTLEMENT /PLEASE HELP!!

tag
rom828
Established Contributor

CAP1/ NCO SETTLEMENT /PLEASE HELP!!

Been getting a lot of help on this forum about my Cap1 charge off from 05-05.  NCO is the CA, but is not reporting.....only Cap1 in on CR.

In looking for a sample settlement letter to send NCO, I've just read of someone's bad experience of paying NCO per agreed settlement w/ NCO, then CCC still showed them with a  balance.  I assume CCC wasnt 'involved' in the settlement agreement?!?!  I've received a few letters from NCO offering settlement, but I want to email the NCO contact provided on the thread and ask for lower settlement amount to be considered.

I was feeling very confident about emailing NCO per all the good posts under "NCO success" thread,
but now I'm nervous again. 

How can I word the offer letter to NCO to include a guarantee that whatever we agree on is also agreed upon by the CCC?!?!  I'm hoping someone will advise that since  this is evidently as assigned collection as opposed to one purchased (CAP1 reprting--not NCO) that I shouldn't have a problem, but I would sure like some advices and opinions before I proceed.

I've searched threads but haven't found a sample letter yet that fits this situation. Many are PFD and I don't think that's applicable in my case as NCO is the CA but not the 'reporter', so I don;t think NCO could agree to delete.  If I'm wrong in that thinking also, please let me know!!

PLEASE, IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME SOME HELP WITH WORDING FOR A SETTLEMENT OFFER LETTER,  I'D BE MOST GRATEFUL!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.