Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBCS :smileymad:

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CBCS :smileymad:

Ok, I DV'd CBCS and got this letter back

Please be advised that we have stopped collecting on this account and have returned your account to the creditor listed above.

If you have any questions please call CBCS at 1-888-413-0093.

This communication is from a debt collector.

Account Representative (just those actual words typed out, no signature)

I know, never call a CA, but I did because I have this letter saying they are not collecting on it.

I called to find out when it would be deleted from my CR.

Their trained field mouse, I mean customer service rep, tries to tell me that the OC has to request the the CRA to delete. I said one company can NOT request that the CRA deletes another company's account.

Finally, I get transferred to the "lead supervisor" who tells me they can only comply with the request to delete it if I fax a copy of my CR and a written letter requesting it to be deleted. I said it is not my request you are complying with,it is the law you are complying with. He said, well we can't do it if you dont comply.

GRRRRRRRR.

So, I am thinking next step is to dispute via the CRA. If they verfiy, send MOV and take all my information and go speak to an attorney.

If they don't verify, then it gets deleted, correct?

Or should I do something else?

I just hate the thought of disputing it, b/c that means it could take 30 more days to get it off.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CBCS :smileymad:

bump.
Message 2 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd dispute. Again, if they take 30 days then the CRA would delete anyway. Terrible irony: it gets verified.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sigh, I can't win for losing.

I thought dispute would be best too so I went ahead and did a dispute. However,  I just read on another thread that if you have a dispute open and dispute another account, it will change the date of the first dispute to the date of the new dispute, giving them additional days.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I filed a dispute, 30 days almost up..........filed another last week after noticed something else, and another today. All with CSC(Equifax).

So, now I guess I have to wait until April 3rd-April 18th for an answer to any of them.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR.  No more disputes with CSC(Equifax) until all 3 of these disputes are over.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

sidewinder I said that the CRA might change the date . They might not also.
Message 5 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Sigh, I can't win for losing.

I thought dispute would be best too so I went ahead and did a dispute. However,  I just read on another thread that if you have a dispute open and dispute another account, it will change the date of the first dispute to the date of the new dispute, giving them additional days.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I filed a dispute, 30 days almost up..........filed another last week after noticed something else, and another today. All with CSC(Equifax).

So, now I guess I have to wait until April 3rd-April 18th for an answer to any of them.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR.  No more disputes with CSC(Equifax) until all 3 of these disputes are over.

Good idea. The hardest thing about this whole process is being patient. I have that same problem. I learned the hard way with TU not to open a dispute when there is already one open. It just delays what you are trying to speed up.

If no satisfaction after disputes are completed, I would send a copy of your documentation to the CRA and dispute it that way. MOV would follow that. JMO though.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy.......Thanks for pointing out the might, I did not catch that. But even that might makes me GRRRRRR.

Byrd......it is hard to be patient. Looks like I could possibly learn the hard way along with you. LOL.

The only documentation I have says that they have "closed" my account. If I send that to the CRAs, won't they just report the account closed instead of deleting?

Just to clarify........the GRRRRRRRR wasn't to/about anyone here on the forums, it was about the CRAs. I'm not angry with anyone here,you all have been my life saver. My post was about my anger with the CRAs and the CAs.

It isn't like I am trying to avoid my responsibility. The CRAs and CAs act like the consumers(the ones who keep their business running and basically fund their salaries) are always trying to do something wrong or against the law. It isn't us consumers who are breaking the law. The only accounts I have disputed were in fact not mine and the two that are reporting DOFD wrong, they are past CRTP. IF they correct the account, I'll send them the money order I have sitting on my desk with their name on it. Until they comply with laws, why should I pay?

I really hope that opening more disputes doesn't change nothing, as they were all seperate accounts. It isn't like I disputed another part of the same account.

I only hope that after all the frustration, gray hair, sleepless nights, and mtn dew caffeine rushes, I learn something that will allow me to teach my children what my parents never taught me about credit and finances and it keeps them from being in my position one day.

But on the bright side, I should hear something regarding the disputes within 30-45 days. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by sidewinder on 03-03-2008 07:54 PM
Message 7 of 9
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

sidewinder wrote:

I only hope that after all the frustration, gray hair, sleepless nights, and mtn dew caffeine rushes, I learn something that will allow me to teach my children what my parents never taught me about credit and finances and it keeps them from being in my position one day.

My son isn't even three years old yet and I'm already thinking that very thought.  My parents NEVER talked to me about credit scores/financial planning/etc.  When I got my first CC at 18 (Crap1 that's CO'd now and killing my Utl 4 years later) she enouraged me to use it to pick up little things for her when we were out and it was all downhill from there once I moved out...  I hope to teach my son and any future children HOW to properly cultivate their credit before they fall into the pit that so many of us have.
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

modernsurrender wrote:

sidewinder wrote:

My son isn't even three years old yet and I'm already thinking that very thought.  My parents NEVER talked to me about credit scores/financial planning/etc.  When I got my first CC at 18 (Crap1 that's CO'd now and killing my Utl 4 years later) she enouraged me to use it to pick up little things for her when we were out and it was all downhill from there once I moved out...  I hope to teach my son and any future children HOW to properly cultivate their credit before they fall into the pit that so many of us have.

My mom and finances mix about as well as oil and water. She makes as much in one payperiod that I do in a month, is single, has no car payment, no ccs(well she's had a few that I'm sure are c/o) and she just lost her house. Foreclosed on in December, after we just paid it up in June 2 days before the foreclosure sale to keep her from losing it. I couldn't justify doing it again. Maybe wrong, but same thing would just keep happening and I have my own finances.

My spouse's parents never taught about credit either. My mother in law mixes with finances about as well as my mom does. My father in law and his father farmed thier entire lives and banked at the same bank. He never bought anything less than a $1000 without having the cash to pay for it, and if he needed to buy something over that, he'd call the banker and they'd say "write a check and come into the bank in the next few days and do the paperwork"  I don't know if "credit" was as big of a deal back then, but he never worried about what was/wasn't on his credit report. My spouse says "Dad always said, you gotta keep good with the bank or you're done for"  That was pretty much all he taught about credit, but that is all he needed.

Whether we ever need our credit again or not, we are trying to hardest to clean it up, so that once our children are old enough, we can get them established and teach them the responsibility of it. Our children are 3 and 8. Still have a few years, but I want them to start out right. I am keeping copies of all our old CRs and our denial letters from when we went to buy our first home a few years ago. My children will see them.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.