Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBE Group, Inc. (CA)

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

CBE Group, Inc. (CA)

I am helping my cousin with his credit and he just got a Merry Christmas present from CBE Group, Inc., collecting on a student loan from 1990 or 1991. I understand that there is no SOL on Student Loans, so I plan to DV CA. Because it's a Student Loan, are we going to have any luck with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message Edited by ByrdMan on 01-03-2008 05:07 PM

Message Edited by ByrdMan on 01-04-2008 09:47 AM

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CBE Group, Inc. (CA)

Bump. Please?

Message 2 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Bump, still looking for some luv here.

Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hi, ByrdMan, the forums were slow Saturday compared to how they've been --playoffs and debates, maybe? I know my brain was pretty cooked by the end of the day!

We have several SL gurus here, including Timothy. With luck you can catch them during television time outs today. Smiley Tongue (All I know about SL's is that I almost started paying mine late, but I dodged a bullet. whew!)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
granny031350
Established Contributor

I guess I can't say if your DV will help or not but I also have a friend who had a student loan from way back that finally caught up to him.  In exchange for bringing it current (worked out a monthly payment plan where he paid big for 4 months, then normal there after) they adjusted his credit report to paid as agreed.  That might work for you also.  GL
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a private or a Federal student loan?  You would have better luck with a private loan because the feds seem to be sticklers about by-the-book reporting.

Message Edited by Brammy on 01-06-2008 11:04 AM
Message 6 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Brammy. Congrats on 5000 posts. I too have learned a lot from your posts. It's a private loan. He got it when he went to ITT Tech.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.