cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Auto Enhanced vs. Classic Fico Scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC Auto Enhanced vs. Classic Fico Scores?

Is it true that CC Auto Enhanced Scores are more heavily weighted when you keep utility at 30% or there about?

Whereas, Classic Fico Scores are more heavily weighted when you keep utility at 10% or below?

Just looking at it from a business perspective if you keep credit cards at zero balance or close to that all the time credit card compaines make less money and if you keep about a 30% balance they make more money. So, from a bank's point of view (auto enhanced scores) they want customers they can make at least some money off of and the auto enhanced scores would reflect that.

Peace.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CC Auto Enhanced vs. Classic Fico Scores?

Utility?

Do you mean utilization?

Util is the same no matter what industry option score is used. The auto enhanced just weighs more heavily on your auto history. And remember, auto loans are installment.. Util for installment loans is far less important when compared to revolving accounts like credit cards.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Patience - it sounds like you actually are referring to bankcard-enhanced FICO scores, rather than auto-enhanced FICO scores.

Since FICO scores are risk-related, not profit-related, I think very low utilization would be regarded as positive for both the classic and bankcard-enhanced versions.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clarification:

Sorry, still getting used to the terminology here. Yes, Tuscani I meant utilization.

Revike, yes you are right I am referring to bankcard-enhanced FICO scores.

Yes, I am suggesting that bankcard-enhanced FICO scores must be profit-related while
at the same time taking into account risk. Banks are in business to make money, whereas,
reporting companies do not have the same profit making goals. If they have the same
objectives then why different models (if this is the correct terminology); however, I do understand
that more weight in a specific industry may be given to payment history related to that industry.

Example: If I owned a bank I would want to know which customers were more likely to make me
money, hence, predictability models of both profit and risk would be desirous. A customer with 1%
utilization for 10 years would certainly be low risk but at the same time low profit. Whereas, a
customer with an average utilization of 30% for 10 years would be both profitable and low risk
(not as low at the 1% utiliztion customer of course). Given the choice I would rather have
the profitable 30% utilization customer and therefore would look to purchase a Fair Issac model
that gave me the statistical predictability I want.

Do you-all follow what I'm trying to get at here?

Thanks, just thinking here LOL.

Peace. 
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.