Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC UTL - FICO Score Increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC UTL - FICO Score Increase

Hello,
I might have gone a bit overboard on paying down the UTL in November but fortunately it paid off with a boost in scores. 

How do you recommend I proceed for December. Should I pay down Hooters to 1-9% and let $1 or so post on another card? I am hopeful that I can see another boost in December with keeping utl down.

11/24/07 
Hooters:                $  221 bal    $1850 cl
BOA Secured:              0          $900 cl
Credit One:                   0          $400 cl
FPB:                              0          $400 cl
FPB:                              0          $300 cl
Total bal:               $ 221          $3850 CL   (12%)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC UTL - FICO Score Increase

Personally I wouldn't call that going overboard, I'd call that responsible!  Smiley Happy
It's also playing the game correctly!  Now if you get that $221.00 balance down to under $180.00 you'll be under 10% total util and a little bump in your scores for that as well.
Great job!

Van

Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Wow, nice score jump, and LOOK at EX! Smiley Surprised Great job!

No, I wouldn't stir up another card yet. I agree with Van --get that one under 10%, or even under 5%, and sit back and smile!

In the future, if you can just use one card a month, maybe alternating Hooters with the BofA, that will help keep the scores high, and make your life a lot simpler. Otherwise, use them both and just let one report. I'm guessing that those are the two that you want to keep growing, so show them lots of love. That's how you get CLI's. Gotta keep the CCC's happy, as well as FICO.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

And I meant to say, a lot of us are starting to suspect that maybe FICO has a memory for util after all. So if you can stand it, keep playing the "game." That's why it's handy to just use one or two cards per month, alternating over time.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

Hauling - nice boost in your TU score !!

I really only use BOA & Hooters and am only keeping the others for history at this point until I can phase out.    I will pay down Hooters further next month before statement closes on Nov 15th.

I'm psyched about my new scores and hope that I can push them over 700 soon.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.