Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC apr reduction.

tag
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

CC apr reduction.

I received a notice from Discover  today. It says : " Effective 9 of 2012, your apr has been lowered to prime plus 7.74%, current rate  10.99% apr on purchases. Please remember if you are late, your rates may increase according to your lending agreement."  I always PIf, however, it's is kinda nice getting farther away from the high interest rates.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: CC apr reduction.

Great news!

Message 2 of 6
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

thats gr8 good for you

Message 3 of 6
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Wow, I wish I would get a reduction, congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 6
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

I got the same letter taking me down from 16.99% to 15.99%. I use Discover only for things I am going to PIF that month and most of that on the rotating 5% bonuses. Your right it does feel good to get some reduction but I have two cards NFCU and USAA) which are under 10% so they are my go to cards when I need to carry a balance. Only other exception is 0% BT offers. I move things over to NFCU as these offers expire.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

I'm with You!. I do not ever run a balance, but, to think if I made a mistake it would be 24.99% or so is just horrible!. I also have my Prime/GO
TO  cards which are under 10%. However, still waiting for my Chase Card to drop as well.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.