Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC help

tag
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

CC help

im trying to get approved for a CC but it seems near impossible.  My EQ score is only a 541 and im trying to work on and build my credit but its hard when no one will approve you.  What are some of the companies that tend to be more 'friendly' with approving?

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: CC help

For unsecured try Orchard Bank   you may have some luck

But you may have to start out with a secured credit card if that's the case  I would go for Bank Of America's secured card.   It has the lowest  Annual fee,  $29 and that's it.   Most out there you'll get buried in fee's   processing fee's, high annual fee's, maintenance fee's.     So be very diligent in your search.   Even if you get offered an unsecured card with a low credit limit like $2-$300 by the time you pay all your fee's is just not worth.  A secured card would actually be a better option financially.

Message 2 of 15
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Message Edited by Boswd on 06-28-2007 01:26 PM
Message 3 of 15
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

capitol one - denied
usaa - denied

Message 4 of 15
Boswd
Valued Contributor

This is what I would do if I were you.  So you don't go and get yourself into a bad credit card situation and don't do get a lot of inquires going on an application spree.

For unsecured go to www.orchardbank.com  and  www.bankofamerica.com    For Orchard try for their MasterCard Gold if denied they will more than likely offer you their secured card.

At BankofAmerica first apply for the Visa Platninum Plus card.   If denied they will more than likely offer you either their securd card or their $99/$500 card.( you give them $99 you get a $500 credit line)

I know BankofAmerica does only one credit pull,for all that  and  I do belive Orchard does as well but not postive.    These are the two best options for you out there.

As I said in the earlier post you probably could get an unsecured card from companies like credit one or Aspire  but their credit limits are low and they have a ton of fee's and it's not worth at all.  As I said before a secured card actually would be a much better option because both  orchard bank and Bank of America offer much lower annual fee's    Bank of America is a little better because orchard bank charges a $19 processing fee and it's annual fee's vary but they aren't too bad.    Bank of America only charges just the $29 annual fee.

so that is what I would do if I were you.    I wouldn't go any further than those two cards.
Message 5 of 15
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

im going to go with bank of america

Message 6 of 15
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Good luck let me know how you made out.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

jenkins wrote:
My EQ score is only a 541

Any old bads you can work on? GW lates or paid collections/chargeoffs? PFD unpaid collections/chargeoffs?

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

i picked BOA for a secured card and put 2k on the card because I wanted to show a high limit on my cr i think this is the best secured card if that is all you can quailify for
Message 9 of 15
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

i got approved for the secured card, only bad thing on my report is a late payment and that will get removed soon hopefully. i just have a lack of credit and a short history

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.