Senior Contributor

Re: CC help

jenkins wrote:
i got approved for the secured card, only bad thing on my report is a late payment and that will get removed soon hopefully.

Are you GWing it or is it dropping on it's own under CRTP?
Frequent Contributor

well i goodwilled it and salliemae contacted me and was like they dont know what im talking about send them a copy of my credit report did that earlier this week and they are reviewing it now.  IM like come on i was in basic training when the payments were suppost to start i couldnt get any mail from them there.

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor

so i send BOA 300-10000 and they load it onto a prepaid card basically and they charge me interest on it? man having bad credit sucks

Senior Contributor

jenkins wrote:
so i send BOA 300-10000 and they load it onto a prepaid card basically and they charge me interest on it? man having bad credit sucks

Well, actually, the money you send BOA earns interest for you, I believe. It's sitting in a savings account. Ain't that right, those of you with BOA secure cards?

If you PIF each month, you get charged no interest. If you leave a 1-9 percent balance on the card when the statement closes, thereby allowing the 1-9 percent util to report to the CRAs, and then PIF, you shouldn't pay any interest.

Try to recon your denials. There's a recon thread in the FRT.

Frequent Contributor

i was told it is a non interest barring account and wow here is the cause to all my problems and denies from my experian report being pulled http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=18011

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.