Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC offers, what I might expect

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC offers, what I might expect

I've seen my score go up quite a bit over the last several months as I've understood how it works, paid off accounts, paid CO balances, and fixed errors.  As it stands today,
TU - 655
EQ - 668
Exp - 683

I have two credit cards (sub-prime) that started out at $300 CL, and now are at $400 and $500.  Both are maintained at near $0 balance. 

My desire is to have a few CCs (no more than 4), with substantial available credit so I can more easily manage travel expenses.  I've had some CC COs so is that going to affect whether or not I'm extended new offers?

Would appreciate some input on how I might achieve my goal as quickly as possible.
Cheers!
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CC offers, what I might expect

Which cards do you have now?
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard HSBC
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the previous poster on Orchard Bank HSBC.  If you haven't gotten an offer, go to their webpage and apply for a MasterCard. Depending on what's on your credit report, you should qualify easily.  Then wait a week or two and you will likely get some really good offers from HSBC. I have been getting two and three offers A WEEK since I got my Orchard card.  I got my Mastercard with a $1500 CL and then a Discover with a $7000 CL and waiting for my Visa to show up and see what sort of CL it has. Good luck to you. Hope it goes as well for you as it has for me lately.
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

KevKaos,
I see you haven't gotten your Visa from HSBC either.....I think we applied around the same time....they are soooooooooo slow.Smiley Mad   I applied for a BofA card the same day and it came earlier this week.
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are just recently up.  At these levels, do you think I will be able to qualify for $1000+ CLs?
Message 6 of 19
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

When my scores were 681, 668 and 695 I easily got a Chase card with a $2,000 CL.

At the time I had one other cc, a store card and a gas card
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks definitely encouraging Midnight.  I'm so aware of the scoring model, I'm gunshy applying for anything out of concern that my score will drop due to inquiry.  I haven't been getting many offers, and they've all been for $300.  Perhaps there's a lag between when your score is updated and offers come in....  I

've had a big jump after finally getting Cap One to update the CO past balances that were paid off.  The system was recording it as either past amount due, or exceeding available credit limits.  When they updated the amount owed to $0 there was a jump, but at the same time the system recorded it as a recent CO (a 30 day late), that suppressed the score.  Now that's fixed and the scores are much better

What I've been wonder is, whether I should apply for a card now, or should I wait to get offers?

Also, I don't have store or gas card yets, just 2 small HSBC mastercards, and my auto loan.
Message 8 of 19
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I opted out of all offers  Smiley Happy

So I applied for an airlines miles card , and the one available was Chase.  They pulled EU and TU credit files, which for me is good as EX hates me  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

McGrawgal,

Just got the Visa card in the mail a few minutes ago. It came in with a $2000 CL. That's OK, I am trying to not use my cards to much anyway. Loking to be debt free this summer sometime. Hopefully your's will show up any day now as well. They are pretty slow though.

Message Edited by KevKaos on 05-26-2007 09:48 AM
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.