Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC's Utilization

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC's Utilization

Hey all, Eve here!!

Question:  Here are my credit card balances, where should they be so that they are not adversely affecting my fico score?

Creditor/Limit/Balance

ikea/500/532
1st premier/475/567
peach direct/1800/1424
hfc/10000/10174
home depot/5000/3138
appliedcardbank/1600/1458

I won't put all of them but I am sure you get the idea...  Can you give me some advice?

Thanks

Eve

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC's Utilization

Looks to me as if you are over your limit on at least 3 of these cards....need to get that handled first.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can do that, but then what?  If I pay the balances down to half, will that increase my score?
Message 3 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

myhearts07 wrote:
I can do that, but then what?  If I pay the balances down to half, will that increase my score?

Paying down to 50% will help but not much. Util of 1-9% on all revolving CCs is best. 
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying them to 50% is a good start-
You will get another point boost at 30% and another when it gets under 10%.

fused111 wrote:

myhearts07 wrote:

Paying down to 50% will help but not much. Util of 1-9% on all revolving CCs is best. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The more you pay off the better your score will get. The more you charge the lower your score goes. It's just like a balance scale. Less than 4% should get you close to best.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for your input.  I didn't know that about the credit cards and I think that is what caused the huge drop in my scores and maybe not so much the deletes.  I am going to work on that this month to get them down.  Appreciate your help.

Eve
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.