Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCCs losing money and getting stricter

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: CCCs losing money and getting stricter

One good idea is to increase the savings for the next few months for the rainy day.  5 years ago, I learned my lesson hardway. When I was earning six figures / year, did not even think about saving a penny. Spent for the day buying new cars and eating out. Once I had health problems, I have realized the value of savings. I made it a point to save 40% of my income into savings. What ever I have to cut in expenses I am cutting to reach my savings limits. I am sure there are good times and bad times. If one manages their finances efficiently and followup sound advice, I am sure we will be fine and weather the upcoming recession. My heart goes out to all those people in trouble with subprime problems. People work so hard to earn and make things for them self. It is a sad situation.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CCCs losing money and getting stricter

All I know is that using cc's is becoming like playing with fire.  Be late even by a couple of hours and be prepared for universal default.  And then the ccc wonder why people can't make their payments.  And very credit worthy people like myself turn to debit cards to not have to deal with ccc and their antics.  What is left is a pool of poorer credit worthy people because some of use refuse to play their games.  Go debit cards!
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.