Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCS help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCS help

Hi there. I just discovered this lovely collector (CCS) on my credit reports and it looks like I am going to be having a fun time with them as well. I owe a measely 57 dollars they say.  I researched them online and now I am a bit worried.  Should I call them first and then send a DV letter and go from there? I have never recieved anything from them, but my debt is pretty old it seems anyways. The OC doesn't have any record of this account going to the collector. I would appreciate any help!

Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CCS help

Try sending the DV if past SOL. If the debt is older than 7 yrs, I'd also dispute with each CRA due to being past CRTP.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

NEVER NEVER NEVER call a CA!!!!!!!

DV thm (they must get the account info from the OC - can't use their computer records so if the OC has no records they can't validate).
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been emailing the OC the past few days and they have found the correct account and amount owed. i am in the process of seeing how I could get a PFD to them.  SHould that be the route I take? The SOL is not up yet as far as I know. The bill is 3 years old.
Though if you have any links to find out the SOL for states... specifically Idaho I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received a statement from Progressive stating the payment due and when the policy was cancelled. This means that still own the debt correct, even though on the CR it has the CA on there? Should I send them a PFD via email or through the mail. They had told me I need to go through the CA but from what i have read through forums I don't need to.
Please let me know! 
Thanks!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.