Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCT 3 Refreshs Per Month starting 5/25

tag
awal
Regular Contributor

CCT 3 Refreshs Per Month starting 5/25

I was greeted by this message this morning on CCT. Time for me to find a new CMS.

Having good credit can help you achieve your goals—like buying a new home, getting a good job, and being able to borrow money when you need it.

As a member of CreditCheck® Total, you already know the importance of being alerted to key changes that could affect your credit. Staying on top of these changes can help you keep your credit strong and bring you that much closer to the things you want the most.

CreditCheck® Total helps you do just that with daily 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring. We also recommend checking your 3-Bureau Credit Report & Scores on a monthly basis.

Soon, we will be changing the frequency with which you can refresh your Report free of charge. Starting on 25 May 2011, you may pull a new 3-Bureau Credit Report three times every 30 days. If you require additional Reports, you may easily access them for just $29.95.

Please note that your membership will renew on your regularly scheduled billing date. You may cancel your membership at any time.

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CCT 3 Refreshs Per Month starting 5/25

Smiley Surprised

There's only one daily 3-in-1 left that I know of: MPM via EID. I wonder if the CCT resale via USAA or Merrill Lynch would change.

Message 2 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Surprised

Wow.  Well, CCT was too pricey, at any rate.  Hope MPM through EIDT keeps working for a long time.  They are not nearly as easy to manage online as CCT, but they do work and the price is right. 

Message 3 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

i wonder if privacy matters 123 still does dailys, anyone knows?

also

i found this site, i have no clue about it but its: http://www.my3bureaucreditreport.com/

i'll check out the last one as a desperate attempt if all else fails

Message 4 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

123 privacy:

got this in my welcome email after it states unlimited "access" to the reports and scores:

BONUS: MONTHLY UPDATES! Get an Updated 3-in-1 Credit Report and your latest Triple Credit Scores fro...

time to cancel this one...

Message 5 of 36
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

Re: CCT 3 Refreshs Per Month starting 5/25 called CCT today to cancel both mine and my

I called CCT today to cancel both my and my husband's membership because I got that message too whan I logged in this morning.

I was told, and he went off and checked and confirmed it, that the message was sent in error to all members.  Unlimited members will still be able to pull a new report every day, it's the limited members that it applies to.  He said te phones are going crazy with people calling to cancel!  :-)

So I'll keep a hold of CCT for a little while longer.  I keep wondering if I should cancel (it's $65 a month because DH and I both have it), and I don't usually pull a new report every day now since we're gardening and not rebuilding.  But I'll keep it until we get that house, hopefully by the end of the year if I can get DH motivated.

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 6 of 36
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CCT 3 Refreshs Per Month starting 5/25 called CCT today to cancel both mine and my

They changed my screen today to say "May 26" vs. "May 25"...

Having good credit can help you achieve your goals—like buying a new home, getting a good job, and being able to borrow money when you need it. As a member of CreditCheck®Total , you already know the importance of being alerted to key changes that could affect your credit. Staying on top of these changes can help you keep your credit strong and bring you that much closer to the things you want the most. CreditCheck®Total helps you do just that with daily 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring. We also recommend checking your 3-Bureau Credit Report & Scores on a monthly basis. Soon, we will be changing the frequency with which you can refresh your Report free of charge. Starting on 26 May 2011, you may pull a new 3-Bureau Credit Report three times every 30 days. If you require additional Reports, you may easily access them for just $29.95. Please note that your membership will renew on your regularly scheduled billing date. You may cancel your membership at any time. Please click here for information on how to cancel

Message 7 of 36
mudda
Established Member

whats mpm? I ussed cct but just cancelled. I want daily pulls!

Starting Score: 02/16/10 548
Current Score: 05/05/10 665
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mudda wrote:

whats mpm? I ussed cct but just cancelled. I want daily pulls!

mpm is My Privacy Matters

You can get it through Eliminate ID Theft (listed as Eliminate ID Theft on llecs' Credit Monitoring Service Guide )

If you're used to CCT, mpm may drive you batty - it's not as user friendly and you have to jump through hoops each time you log in.  But it works.  Mostly.  Smiley Happy  (It has its occasional glitches).

Message 9 of 36
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Specifically, click on the EliminateIDTheft link. There's a MPM link right above this one in the CMS Guide, and while it is the same company with a similar name (MyPrivacyMatters), it is a different product.

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.