Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCT alerts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT alerts?

I know Myfico sends out alerts in 1-3 days from change...I'm also signed up with CCT, I didn't get an alert today for a hard inquiry on TU, do they not send alerts for any changes on TU and EQ? Do they only monitor EX and only allow the monthly report for the other 2?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CCT alerts?

I believe I am getting alerts from CCT that are from TU and EQ, as well as EX.

I tried matching up an email with an older alert I received on email and I believe it was from TU, but cant say for sure.

I do have a new account from Discover showing up today on EX and I did get an alert showing it.

I should be getting alerts from the account showing up on the other bureaus so I should be able to tell today or tomorrow and I will report back.

I can say that for the first 3 or 4 months after I subscribed to CCT I didnt get reliable notifications about alerts.  I added my cell phone and already had email alerts.  It now seems to be reliable for me and I get notifications both ways now.

I'll come back and verify if I get the CCT alerts about TU and EQ within the next couple days for sure.

HTH

Message 2 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I also use CCT and am a newer member and the alerts so far have been off and on. In my experience, any credit scoring monitor I use is generally hit and miss when it comes to how often you get alerts, as well as what changes initiate an alert. Often times, you'll log in at some point and the alert or update is showing, but they never actually notified you.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I know Myfico sends out alerts in 1-3 days from change...I'm also signed up with CCT, I didn't get an alert today for a hard inquiry on TU, do they not send alerts for any changes on TU and EQ? Do they only monitor EX and only allow the monthly report for the other 2?

Alerts show up under CCT's "Protection" tab but I can't say for sure if they result in an alert to my email because I've deleted. For sure the EX ones all give alerts. I check mine daily anyway so I never tied the two together (whether I get the alert or not).

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT is so all over the road with their alerts. I've had them notify me within seconds of applying and then had situations where I never get a notice. I have myFico also and I like their alerts more than the CCT alerts (I find them more frequent and they update you for every change, even a $5 balance change) but I feel like it's way too expensive for what you get as far as the reports. You should get monthly report updates rather than quarterly and you should not have to pay an extra $60 (or I guess $42 or whatever with a membership) for the detailed reports. I will likely keep both while rebuilding but I'll drop myFico as soon as I can.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
CCT is so all over the road with their alerts. I've had them notify me within seconds of applying and then had situations where I never get a notice. I have myFico also and I like their alerts more than the CCT alerts (I find them more frequent and they update you for every change, even a $5 balance change) but I feel like it's way too expensive for what you get as far as the reports. You should get monthly report updates rather than quarterly and you should not have to pay an extra $60 (or I guess $42 or whatever with a membership) for the detailed reports. I will likely keep both while rebuilding but I'll drop myFico as soon as I can.

+1

I agree totally. I get better alerts with myFICO but HATE the cost for the product. I, too, will likely drop it next month once I get all my new stuff loaded and go to the garden. If it were more price friendly (or offered monthly reports as you said) I would be inclined to keep it because of the neat tools it has. They are NOT so important to me that the price is justified without the ability to get reports monthly.

Hope the powers that be are watching and hearing us on this point?????

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe I am getting alerts from CCT that are from TU and EQ, as well as EX.

I tried matching up an email with an older alert I received on email and I believe it was from TU, but cant say for sure.

I do have a new account from Discover showing up today on EX and I did get an alert showing it.

I should be getting alerts from the account showing up on the other bureaus so I should be able to tell today or tomorrow and I will report back.

I can say that for the first 3 or 4 months after I subscribed to CCT I didnt get reliable notifications about alerts.  I added my cell phone and already had email alerts.  It now seems to be reliable for me and I get notifications both ways now.

I'll come back and verify if I get the CCT alerts about TU and EQ within the next couple days for sure.

HTH

I received an alert from CCT showing a new account on EQ today, so it is working for me with showing alerts from other bureaus.

I checked my archived reports and the earliest that shows is September of 2015, and that seems about right for when I first subscribed.

It shouldnt be that way, but it does seem like you have to be a subscriber for a a few months before it works, and I recommend having it report a,erts on both email and on cell phone.

HTH

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes I get alerts immediately or a day or 2 later. I can pull my experian report daily and that will show a new inquiry immediately even if I updated for the day already. It will update again. Alerts for TU and EQ show up in the protection tab a day or two later.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.